World Wide Corals Coral Farm Build Thread (not open to public)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of ventilation will you have for the new room?
We installed a brand new oversized A/C system into the drop ceiling over the farm.

How high do you guys run your halides off the water? 400w correct?
They are 250w and right now they are about 2' off the water but the hood will probably be adjusted down later. We ran them at 18" on our old show tank.

Why did you Choose Reefbrites?

Did you consider Build My LED at all?

I have heard Great Things about Both Companies.
ReefBrites are very strong. The way the large horizontal reflectors surround the LED's makes them have a very broad intense spread. For supplemental actinic lighting there really is nothing better.

Just came from WWC. Wait till you see the rock scape. Awesome work fellas !
Thank you! Pics of the rock work coming soon..

Last edited:

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We installed a brand new oversized A/C system into the drop ceiling over the farm.

They are 250w and right now they are about 2' off the water but the hood will probably be adjusted down later. We ran them at 18" on our old show tank.

ReefBrites are very strong. The way the large horizontal reflectors surround the LED's makes them have a very broad intense spread. For supplemental actinic lighting there really is nothing better.

Couldn't agree more on the reefbrites, I've ran them on my system for a couple years now, great for supplementation to my T5's.

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

18" off the water how deep was the tank and was that good for SPS even at the bottom? I ask since I'm 8" off the water on a 24" tall tank. It seems like I can go up another 10" to be where your at I have SPS at the bottom running a 250W Radium.

thejuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will those reefbrite combos be coming out? And I think it is cool that you guys run MH. Allot of people think LED are the best, but I still think if you don't mind the added cost associated with them that MH still make the best looking tanks.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
18" off the water how deep was the tank and was that good for SPS even at the bottom? I ask since I'm 8" off the water on a 24" tall tank. It seems like I can go up another 10" to be where your at I have SPS at the bottom running a 250W Radium.
That tank was a mixed reef with a lot of chalices so we had to be careful with how much/close we ran the MH. If your tank is primarily SPS you probably should be lower than 18".

When will those reefbrite combos be coming out? And I think it is cool that you guys run MH. Allot of people think LED are the best, but I still think if you don't mind the added cost associated with them that MH still make the best looking tanks.
We're not sure when they come out, you can send an email to ReefBrite I'm sure they can tell you.

Here is a time-lapse video of the aquascaping. Probably could've position the camera a little better. It was my first ever time-lapse. Done with a GoPro HERO3. I will post more detailed pictures of the rock work soon.

Make sure you put it in HD.

[video=youtube;adur2YSKvXw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adur2YSKvXw[/video]

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great guys! The time lapse is really cool. What kind of rock did you guys use? Live or dry?
Most of it is Caribbean/Haitian, some is man-made Real Reef Rock, there is also a few pieces of Tonga and Pukani, all of it is live.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great...what was the total time period for the lapse?
A little over 3 hours, 1800 pictures/30 frames per second = 60 second video.

Also in case anyone doesn't know at the bottom right of the video you can slow the movie down to .25 speed if you'd like.

Last edited:

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow incredible!!! I'm really upset at myself for not stopping by since I was in Orlando last week!

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do Build My LED have Bad Reflectors then?

People Rave about how great they are.

Did you consider them?

s2minute

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build Thread

.....That's a lot of evaporation going on there, with all that Pink insulation in the ceiling. What are your plans for ventilation? Nice stands BTW, who builds them for you?

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.....That's a lot of evaporation going on there, with all that Pink insulation in the ceiling. What are your plans for ventilation? Nice stands BTW, who builds them for you?
Our retail side hasn't had any issues with roughly the same amount of water surface evaporation for 7 years now, just a little rust in the vents, the insulation and ceiling tiles are fine. If we see a need in the future we could add some extra vents pretty easily to the farm.

s2minute

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our retail side hasn't had any issues with roughly the same amount of water surface evaporation for 7 years now, just a little rust in the vents, the insulation and ceiling tiles are fine. If we see a need in the future we could add some extra vents pretty easily to the farm.

....What about the part about the stands? Don't be keeping secrets now :nono: :).

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back