Worried if the Seam is Damaged! Need help

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I was checking the seam and I see this. I don't know if this is a damaged seam or dust settled somehow.

The Coraline has somehow encroached the seam. Should I be worried.

PXL_20240515_002857991.NIGHT.jpg PXL_20240515_003452171.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry ,doesn't look good to me, what brand tank ? can you post more pics ? @Troylee ?

OP
OP
SimbaAnto

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry ,doesn't look good to me, what brand tank ? can you post more pics ? @Troylee ?
As expected its a Red Sea and it's about 4 years old. I don't know when this started to appear. Should I wait to see how this expands . It's doesn't look bad but I am worried.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
use a marker ,trace area,watch daily for increase, but be prepared for a new tank soon

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As expected its a Red Sea and it's about 4 years old. I don't know when this started to appear. Should I wait to see how this expands . It's doesn't look bad but I am worried.
Unfortunately we all know how the redsea leaker ends… that appears to be coming apart man and I’m sorry… sigh…. It’s not bad yet you might have a little time but I’d be looking for a new tank asap!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking to get a cade. What other brands should I look. Thinking of IM or Glass cages too or Pro star which is 2 blocks away from me
I got a glass cages and no complaints…

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What's the price point of glass cages
Way more than Red Sea as they are custom made and will usually end up triple what a mass manufactured one would be once you factor in shipping and labor/equipment. They are all custom and super high quality but I recommend Waterbox if you aren’t looking for a custom build.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way more than Red Sea as they are custom made and will usually end up being tens of thousands once you factor in shipping and labor/equipment. They are all custom and super high quality but I recommend Waterbox if you aren’t looking for something as expensive and don’t need it to be custom.
Ummmm that’s false! lol…. Maybe a tens of thousands of gallon tank! I’ve seen pricing and a 400 gallon glass cages wasn’t even close to tens of thousands of dollars.. :rolleyes:

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ummmm that’s false! lol…. Maybe a tens of thousands of gallon tank! I’ve seen pricing and a 400 gallon glass cages wasn’t even close to tens of thousands of dollars.. :rolleyes:
I should’ve clarified either way it’s extremely expensive. Like double to triple what you would pay for a mass manufactured one of the same size. My school tank was a 120 Glass Cages and they sell for around 3-4K. It all depends on the upgrades though.

OP
OP
SimbaAnto

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way more than Red Sea as they are custom made and will usually end up being tens of thousands once you factor in shipping and labor/equipment. They are all custom and super high quality but I recommend Water Box if you aren’t looking for something as expensive and don’t need it to be custom.
No, not again with Cookie cutters for sure. Price is high yes. But have peace of mind with Glass cages or Cade or planet aquarium

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, not again with Cookie cutters for sure. Price is high yes. But have peace of mind with Glass cages or Cade or planet aquarium
Why not? I love my Waterbox actually. Red Sea is honestly the only one that has major issues and that is frequent and apparent among many. But if you have the money go for it.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very comparable to redsea and much better quality.
I still think it all depends on upgrades etc. but Red Sea either way has proven to be horrible and leak way too much. But I love my Waterbox. But yes quality I won’t argue with as custom tanks are usually much better since the tank is well custom and made by hand etc.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One side happy about getting new tank and bigger. On the other side, now have to go from scratch, lot of encrusting corals that I have to move. That's the pain now I am even worried
You’ll be fine… grab a couple large coolers or a bin and move everything over the same day you drain the current tank and have it back in the new tank within a day or 2… shouldn’t have any loses with your current rock.. use new sand and new water.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 140 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back