Worried if the Seam is Damaged! Need help

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you uys think of this response from Red Sea. I am baffled about few things @vetteguy53081 @Reeferbadness @exnisstech @fishguy242 @Troylee

1. They say its intact and their seam protector strips are preventing the damage - Have no idea what this Seam Protector strips are and how they think its not a problem right now.
2. Despite they say its not damaged to the point of worry, they still want me to monitor and let them know it spreads - At what cost, like untill it breaks and i loose my livestock
3. They can offer me a $826 credit to purchase a new 350 or higher within 90 Days. Not to be used for Red Sea Devices for any future purchase
4. Remove the sticker, cut it half and send them pictures

I am just going to say. Thanks please keep $858 yourself and i am going with Cade. Irony is that i recently bought a Reefer 200XL for my Harem Build. I wish i saw this issue with my Reffer 350 and would have bought something else.

1715876627083.png
1715876627083.png
1715876891060.png
My response would be….

Let’s take a look at your track record here and post links…

Then ask if they’re gonna pay to replace your live stock and home furnishing when they get destroyed by the inevitable future of that tank.

OP
OP
SimbaAnto

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My response would be….

Let’s take a look at your track record here and post links…

Then ask if they’re gonna pay to replace your live stock and home furnishing when they get destroyed by the inevitable future of that tank.
Is Red Sea in Reef2Reef? Are they Plantinum Sponsors?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is Red Sea in Reef2Reef? Are they Plantinum Sponsors?
They are! But choose to ignore the problem.. drives me crazy! Dealerships do recalls of millions of cars to fix known issues… all it’s gonna take is one to blow out and burn a house down or somebody slip and fall and hurt them selves or get electrocuted etc. and that will be the end.

OP
OP
SimbaAnto

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are! But choose to ignore the problem.. drives me crazy! Dealerships do recalls of millions of cars to fix known issues… all it’s gonna take is one to blow out and burn a house down or somebody slip and fall and hurt them selves or get electrocuted etc. and that will be the end.
Totally makes sense. There are N number of possibilities what can go wrong due to these.

I was really a fan of them. I liked their products but going big, they are loosing the quality and after sales service which is what bring in more customer in any business. They just want to sell sell sell and don't look back what happens.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What do you uys think of this response from Red Sea. I am baffled about few things @vetteguy53081 @Reeferbadness @exnisstech @fishguy242 @Troylee

1. They say its intact and their seam protector strips are preventing the damage - Have no idea what this Seam Protector strips are and how they think its not a problem right now.
2. Despite they say its not damaged to the point of worry, they still want me to monitor and let them know it spreads - At what cost, like untill it breaks and i loose my livestock
3. They can offer me a $826 credit to purchase a new 350 or higher within 90 Days. Not to be used for Red Sea Devices for any future purchase
4. Remove the sticker, cut it half and send them pictures

I am just going to say. Thanks please keep $858 yourself and i am going with Cade. Irony is that i recently bought a Reefer 200XL for my Harem Build. I wish i saw this issue with my Reffer 350 and would have bought something else.

1715876627083.png
1715876627083.png
1715876891060.png
Not good customer advice
Worth a reseal but Cade is best bet

OP
OP
SimbaAnto

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae barn asked to check the tank and Stand prior signing to the delivery. How do check . Do the delivery folks wait until in unpack especially it's stacked. Any experience. I don't want to delivery guys to pressure me to sign and I sign them to find the issues.

Any guidance is appreciated

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
don't sign off w driver until checked IMO.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d ask algae barn how exactly do you do that? Drivers not gonna hang out for 4 hours while I uncrate it lol.. best thing is check the crates for visible damage then sign off and document and take pictures of everything with or without damage.

OP
OP
SimbaAnto

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d ask algae barn how exactly do you do that? Drivers not gonna hang out for 4 hours while I uncrate it lol.. best thing is check the crates for visible damage then sign off and document and take pictures of everything with or without damage.
Good idea. Yes driver isn't going to wait . Bring that top crate itself is a big deal for me alone.

OP
OP
SimbaAnto

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae barn said , I don't have to open and check to sign. They just wanted me to check externally and see if the crate isn't damaged and sign. Thanks for the guidance guys

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
curious to see what your move out tank looks like as a full tank pic, what are you about to transfer over

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you get the new tank set up put new sand in it… move your corals to a cooler or tub and add your rocks and what water you can and fill the rest with fresh saltwater then move the corals and fish in and you’re set! Should be zero loses and everything will flourish as you just did a nice water change!

OP
OP
SimbaAnto

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you get the new tank set up put new sand in it… move your corals to a cooler or tub and add your rocks and what water you can and fill the rest with fresh saltwater then move the corals and fish in and you’re set! Should be zero loses and everything will flourish as you just did a nice water change!
Yes . Adding 2 bags of new sand, transfer water from this tank and adding remaining fresh SW. But was thinking to add some amount of sand from this tank just to seed.You don't recommend this?

Also should I turn the lights to low intensity? Also thinking not to run Reefmat and skimmer for few days as Phosphate won't be there . Just worried if the Sps will bleach. Thoughts?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rock will seed anything and everything in the tank! Don’t need to mix the sand.. if you wanted to clean it that’s a option but it’s cheap.. phosphates will be there unless you add new dry rock also then it might suck some up. Sps should be just fine! I’ve done this a million times with zero losses.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
recommends based on all prior tank transfers for that unique setup above:

recommend do not move over a handful of unrinsed sand as a seed, like what the masses do. only harm can come from that not benefit. anthias plus aged sps plus great polyp coverage and extension on all corals --- thats just an amazing degree of time and money into the system. only the steps involved with the most careful tank transfers should apply there in my opinion.

we moved reefs that delicate before, it is not very hard but the sand moved over simply must be power rinsed clean, roughly rinsed till perfection with tap water until the sand is totally cloudless like snowglobe sand. then a final rinse in saltwater for verified cloudlessness. even if you use new bagged sand, it's rinsed just the same so that zero clouding happens in the final install.

tank transfer thread

the rocks, as you are taking the tank apart be setting the rocks with corals attached into holding containers of saltwater if possible, tubs of some type. it's ideal to pick off algae, score it firmly and with knife precision to get the rocks ready like reef teeth going back into a new mouth. work around attached corals. some contact air time won't hurt them if you can't submerge every rock for holding/detail cleaning/you can spritz the corals with sw just the same to easily buy time. live rocks aged in place like that almost always have detritus attached/stuck to the bottom we want that all cleaned off before the move: let no clouding come from the rocks either.

these holding tubs allow you to clean the rocks to precision using saltwater, knives, not brushes but like a dentist: precision rasping. we keep that bacteria on the rocks and that's what carries the entire tank as a skip cycle, even though we've blasted the sand to smithereens clean in the sand rinse step.

cover all held fish, likely to jump during the tank move/ we've seen that before.

it is ok to xfer over a good portion of your current water, there's nothing wrong with it. don't take up the last 1/3/dirty portions.

place the rinsed and verified rinsed sand on the clean new tank, set the rocks into place and fill up/ it will be cloudless

install the pumps. clean all filters you may have had in place. only the rock bacteria matter, they're enough for the whole setup.

no ammonia testing, no bottle bac, just a perfect clean xfer is the right way

**in the new tank, the lighting must not be full strength like it is adapted now this is important bleach prevention

the light should be dropped probably 50% in overall power, same spectrum, but a massive strength cut and then ramp it back up over ten days time and still don't wind up at the original strength, be lower, for sure.

then after two months you can set your upper limits

slow light acclimation in the new tank, cloudless transfer, that's a skip cycle for this $ system at hand.

the thing you have to trust is that the cleanest, no waste move is the safest way, it doesn't make sense but that's the truth. with waste clouding comes the crash, where there is no waste cloud: no crash. not dosing the tank with preemptive things like Prime or bottle bac is important, a smooth transfer happens if the system is moved exactly as shown in the sand rinse thread.

even your new sand you buy: same pre rinse, same degree of verification. don't install unrinsed sand in this $ setup

it will take hours to prep the new sand, in small sections in a bucket one section at a time until the rinsed lump grows and grows to the volume that new tank needs. install perfectly clean zero cloud rinsed sand.

Last edited:
Back