WP40 vs MP40

racin2438

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have 2 Wp40's ....on our 150g and love them. Nice and quite love the controller and LOVE the price 2--for $160.00

Mp40's. About $750.00+ bucks......do the math.......no thank you.

760mason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RW's are way better. Better flow rates, cost is lower and it does the same thing. Don't buy in to the overpriced Ecotech propaganda. All this stuff is made in China, It will all fail. Spending money to make a few guys at Ecotech rich is just stupid. Your fish and coral dont know that it is a pump that cost $200 to $300 less. When the pump fails just replace it. You dont need to take a loan out or max out a credit card to get a Vortech.

Greaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with the RW's as stated before. You won't regret it. MP's dry side pump's have also failed in the past and its replacement costs more than a RW. The trade off is you can buy probably 2-3 RW's for every 1 MP. You will gain virtually the same flow if not better, and a quieter operation, pump motors outside the aquarium are loud. You don't need to sacrifice your child's college tuition to buy a set of powerhead. American companies are selling RW's now so support and warranties are available too.

This is the industries direction. As more and more new companies enter the nitch market, the grandfathered companies are going to feel the squeeze as they can no longer charge whatever they choose.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back