OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished hanging all the doors today. The fixed panels on the sides near the front won't be attached until after this whole thing is in the new house.

Here's the fun part; I have to take the stand apart not only to get it out of the current house, but also into the new. This won't fit through entry doors!

And it's laughable the cramped space I've been working in, but it's the only place I could do this inside. So enjoy these and have a laugh on me.

20160709_164517.jpg

20160709_165121.jpg

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ANSYS...awe college days. thats one I'm glad I don't use. Same with StruCAD.
It's basically my work life, but I do love it. StruCAD I am not familiar with. NASTRAN/PATRAN is the one I absolutely despise.
Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every thing looks great, can't wait to see the new set up. Hope you will have an easy closing and all the best of luck with the new house
Thank you. The home is a new build for which we made all of own selections, so it should be a smooth process from here on out.

I really liked seeing the stress software, that was pretty nifty.

I'm patiently sitting through the technical stuff until the livestock starts showing up.
Thanks TJ! Slowly but surely.

That's a huge lineatus wrasse! Lol. Looks like a great plan, love the tank dimensions! Tagging along!
Heh; thanks Paul. :)

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new home and tank! Really like the barn wood look. Looking forward to seeing it come together.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really dig how you mixed the newish modern look of the 80/20 with the rustic reclaimed wood; really slick. Perhaps when you get a chance you could snap a pic of the hinge details?

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking stand. Can you please provide more detail? What size 80/20 are you using? About how much did all of that cost? How tall is the stand? What will you put on top of the stand, under the tank?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Whoah! This is already an epic build! Can't wait to see it progress!

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really dig how you mixed the newish modern look of the 80/20 with the rustic reclaimed wood; really slick. Perhaps when you get a chance you could snap a pic of the hinge details?
Thanks!
This is from 80/20, but should give you a clear picture for now.

In general, they look like this:
2842_photo.png

And function like so:
2841_2_exploded_3.png

Great looking stand. Can you please provide more detail? What size 80/20 are you using? About how much did all of that cost? How tall is the stand? What will you put on top of the stand, under the tank?
Patience grasshopper. :) All will be better later.
Some of that is already here in the thread, but:
1515 on the square tubes and the top frame is from 1530 channel, all in the smooth profile.
Stand is 40" tall; 72x36x40
3/4 birch on top and bottom
Cost is around 2k for all the 80/20 stuff, plus another $500 or so for all the wood (birch and reclaimed).

Whoah! This is already an epic build! Can't wait to see it progress!
Thanks Rev! :D

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response on the 80/20 specifics ...
My pleasure.
A lot of the 80/20 expense is in the stainless fasteners, T nuts, hinges, etc. Oh, and the wiring ducts. ;)
Yes, there's still a few things I have not yet shown. I promise the whole picture will be complete in a month or so.

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the reclaimed wood look, very nice. As a former custom cabinet maker, and historic restorationist I have an affinity for old weathered and distressed wood. Looks really nice, following along for sure.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I read that right, $2.5k for the stand alone?
Pretty much, but I did overshoot those costs just a bit.
Out the door, the 80/20 supplies total out at $1785. $140 of that is shipping.
For the reclaimed barn wood, there's just a tick over $300 there. And then in birch ply, there's almost $200.

I didn't go down this path with much regard to cost; simply the end product in mind.

Love the reclaimed wood look, very nice. As a former custom cabinet maker, and historic restorationist I have an affinity for old weathered and distressed wood. Looks really nice, following along for sure.
Thank you much! I will happily take that complement with those credentials.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back