• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB Apex and Auto Feeder

Adam Kuhn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I’m putting together my first Apex system and I’m running into challenges getting my main unit so I figured I’d start backwards. I know I won’t be able to use it until I get my system but I’m looking for an auto feeder.

On a side note, if anyone knows of a 2016 that’s working and in good condition I can use PayPal credit to pay for let me know. I’ve been warned that I’ll outgrow the Jr (which sounds like solid advice although it’s only a nano) so if anyone knows of an orange label for a good price to at least get my feet wet I’m interested.

Thanks!

Adam

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There was an apex being sold in the open box discount section on BRS a day or two ago. Not sure if it’s still there.

OP
OP
A

Adam Kuhn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was an apex being sold in the open box discount section on BRS a day or two ago. Not sure if it’s still there.

I must have missed it, did see a lot of other things on there I want now though. There was an intellifeed unit but I really like the idea of integrating it. Thanks for the idea though, definitely a place I’ll check for items as I need them.

akaemu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just Throwing it out there that the apex jr supports up to 7 modules. If you got old advice you may have been told 4. So you could do the pm1/pm2/afs/eb8/ald and still have a little room to grow.

OP
OP
A

Adam Kuhn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just Throwing it out there that the apex jr supports up to 7 modules. If you got old advice you may have been told 4. So you could do the pm1/pm2/afs/eb8/ald and still have a little room to grow.

That was my initial thought, especially if I can grab a JR second hand to at least see how much I’ll use the system. (I’m guessing it will be a lot since I have some travel planned this year). I think it would make sense until when/is I really start needing 1link connections. I don’t really like the idea of dropping money on extra probes vs getting them with the new unit but I don’t even know if I’m to that point yet.

I also want an FMM module in the near future which should close the gap. There was a super nice member working with me on a 2016 + FMM but I was going to have to pay with ACH through PayPal and I’m just not ready to let go of that much ‘real’ money when my tank is still cycling.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 38 21.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 59.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back