WWC 630g Build Thread!!! The 300g Is Down!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

moparace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the video was awesome, I also checked out your channel on youtube.
Thats a crazy white tang "Casper"

Is that 300gal tank in your store?
where are u planning on setting up the new guy?

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the video was awesome, I also checked out your channel on youtube.
Thats a crazy white tang "Casper"

Is that 300gal tank in your store?
where are u planning on setting up the new guy?
the 300 was taken down 3 weeks ago and the new tank will be up in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what is all the equipment besides 2 vortecs???? What lighting, skimmers, sump are you running a fuge???? Got a huge stock list there for messy eaters what's gonna export all those nutrients?????

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what is all the equipment besides 2 vortecs???? What lighting, skimmers, sump are you running a fuge???? Got a huge stock list there for messy eaters what's gonna export all those nutrients?????
skimmer will be a bubble king 300 ext,no fuge here! we never had a problem with nutrient export, if any with have to fed extra. we are going BB again, the sump will be 6 foot and should be here in about a week or two.

seth&angelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are thinking of also adding a orange file fish, has anyone here have one before.

Just got a pair yesterday. Haven't had them long enough to tell you much about them. I was told they are eating frozen mysis, brine, and Nutramar Ova. Haven't decided if I'm going to put them into our 300 gallon sps tank yet. I know they pick at sps polyps, but I hope they eat food well enough that they won't bother the sps too badly.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a pair yesterday. Haven't had them long enough to tell you much about them. I was told they are eating frozen mysis, brine, and Nutramar Ova. Haven't decided if I'm going to put them into our 300 gallon sps tank yet. I know they pick at sps polyps, but I hope they eat food well enough that they won't bother the sps too badly.

It will be great to see how they do with your sps, that's my only concern with them.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
skimmer will be a bubble king 300 ext,no fuge here! we never had a problem with nutrient export, if any with have to fed extra. we are going BB again, the sump will be 6 foot and should be here in about a week or two.

Lighting???? Curious on a 10ft tank what your going with 4 400watters or a couple 60" t5 setups even LEDs would be sick but painfully expensive up front...

wampuscat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris,

When I came in Saturday, I almost punched Ted and Dre in their faces, LOL :wink:. I could not believe the 300 when I saw it..... Was by far the nicest tank I have ever seen and have been in the process of mimicking it ever since. I did a couple of hours looking at chalices and left with a few new ones to add to the collection. :smile:

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of you guys are after my heart I'm a tang maniac so great list but..::.:::::..........
If your going to have tangs and have a great tank for them you forgot two or three tangs that are beautiful when mature and those are the Fowleri tang and or dussarami tang, and lavender tang I had a lavender tang years ago and was one of my most beautiful gangs I've ever had, everyone always commented on him I maintain a tank with the Fowleri and dussarami tangs and they are gorgeous really stunning I might just have to drive to Florida just to see this thing with all those tangs haha !

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are thinking of also adding a orange file fish, has anyone here have one before.

If they dont eat frozen then most likely they will eat sps and some will have a taste for other types of corals. But they can always be trained to eat frozen even

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lighting???? Curious on a 10ft tank what your going with 4 400watters or a couple 60" t5 setups even LEDs would be sick but painfully expensive up front...

Lighting will be (5) 250w Radium 20Ks, (4) 80 T5 Actinic+, (4) 60" Sunbright Blue LED Tubes, and (6) 24" Sunbright Blue LED Tubes

It's going to be INSANE!!!! LOL!!!

Chris,

When I came in Saturday, I almost punched Ted and Dre in their faces, LOL :wink:. I could not believe the 300 when I saw it..... Was by far the nicest tank I have ever seen and have been in the process of mimicking it ever since. I did a couple of hours looking at chalices and left with a few new ones to add to the collection. :smile:

LOL!! Whats up Billy! Thanks for the compliments. Wait until you see the new one. :xd:

First of you guys are after my heart I'm a tang maniac so great list but..::.:::::..........
If your going to have tangs and have a great tank for them you forgot two or three tangs that are beautiful when mature and those are the Fowleri tang and or dussarami tang, and lavender tang I had a lavender tang years ago and was one of my most beautiful gangs I've ever had, everyone always commented on him I maintain a tank with the Fowleri and dussarami tangs and they are gorgeous really stunning I might just have to drive to Florida just to see this thing with all those tangs haha !

I know!!! I have been fighting to get a Dussumieri in there! We will see what happens. We actually have a Lavender in the Elos. Very beautiful fish, but too aggressive with other tangs. I don't think he will make it into the new tank.

If they dont eat frozen then most likely they will eat sps and some will have a taste for other types of corals. But they can always be trained to eat frozen even

Thanks for the info. We hope to get them eating on prepared foods before placing them in the tank.

gofor100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... this is going to be one heck of a build!

I'm planning my upgrade as we speak, so I'd be interested to know if you have a diagram/sketch of the placement of all of those lights (i.e., the spacing between the MH fixtures, where the T-5 will be in relation to the LED's and why). Also interested to know if you've figured out the placement of your other powerheads. I personally am planning on 1 MP60 Vortech on each side of my tank, with two MP40's on the back wall (because of the depth- planning on having a 36" front-to-back deep tank), along with one controllable Tunze in each back corner to add to the flow.

The fish list looks AMAZING... although, I think you need to get some more tangs :)

Lastly, do you have a complete equipment list created yet? I know you already mentioned that you're using a BK skimmer... what about the calcium reactor, dosing pumps, etc.?

Can't wait for this to get started!!!

-Chad

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... this is going to be one heck of a build!

I'm planning my upgrade as we speak, so I'd be interested to know if you have a diagram/sketch of the placement of all of those lights (i.e., the spacing between the MH fixtures, where the T-5 will be in relation to the LED's and why). Also interested to know if you've figured out the placement of your other powerheads. I personally am planning on 1 MP60 Vortech on each side of my tank, with two MP40's on the back wall (because of the depth- planning on having a 36" front-to-back deep tank), along with one controllable Tunze in each back corner to add to the flow.

The fish list looks AMAZING... although, I think you need to get some more tangs :)

Lastly, do you have a complete equipment list created yet? I know you already mentioned that you're using a BK skimmer... what about the calcium reactor, dosing pumps, etc.?

Can't wait for this to get started!!!

-Chad

Thanks! We are finishing up the equipment list in the next few days. Our build engineer is currently building the canopy and stand. We will post pics of it very soon. Unfortunately I dont have the exact spacing between each reflector and bulbs. As soon as we get it finalized, we will be sure to send over that info.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More vortechs are on the way!!!

We will be adding two more mp40w ES to the mix!!!

CRAZY FLOW!!!!!!

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!!! Update!!! Update!!!!

On the way to get wood for the stand and canopy build!!!!! Pics coming soon!!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back