Xenia melted

Ghostyboythedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried an xenia a couple days ago. And my tank is 2 months old but only one of those 2 months has had fish, the fish have been I'm for 5 weeks so was it early, it melted disintegrated almost. My nitrite was pretty high... Everything else is good my two clowns the rest of levels are fine nitrates a little high about 10. But I couldn't get any pictures because it happened while I was gone.

Aiptaisia anemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be anything... xenia is not really a hardy coral like what other peopl would like you to believe, they just grow extremely fast but if things go wrong they're the ones to die first. When my xenia started melting I immediately dose nitrates and they stopped melting, they also seem to do well on highly oxygenated water, xenia are also extremely sensitive to changes in water which is why they don't ship very well, is your xenia new? How is your alk, softies in general don't do well when your alk is low and ph is also low.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xenia are very sensitive to pH spike or temperature spike. Either of these changes and it just melt.
They appreciate nutrients and stability.

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some melt , and then they grew back again from nothing. Can keep the plug and see if that happens.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back