XR15 gen5 blue settings question

JAWSIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, Not new to reefing but been away for about 2 years. In my downtime, I picked up some pieces of equipment ( knowing I would get another tank going), and one of those pieces was an XR15 Blue Gen 5. I previously ran 2 AI 16 HD over a 60 Cube. In looking at some of the FB groups for lighting I came across some schedules from WWC ( at least that's what they claimed). Anyhow all of the WWC schedules that I saw ramped up in the am with Uv, V, blue, and RB then after about two hours ramp they added in every other channel including red and green for about 7 hours and then ramped down with the blues and V again. I like the brightness and sharpness having all the channels brings, but I was always told in the past that red and green don't offer anything of value to the corals and they encourage algae growth. Is that still the acceptable logic with red and green or has there been new research done showing otherwise?

Thanks for the feedback.

BTW the radion is over a Waterbox 20 AIO 9 inches from the water running at %50 capacity.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran and will run 2 on a 50 frag system at ab+ 100% scheduled.
This grows anthing you want.
This is my old 80 running 4 @ 100/100.
2 16hds over the 30.
20230730_095720.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back