Yellow Tang Blowout! LOWEST. PRICE. EVER! LIMITED QUANTITIES!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jersey Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Yellow Tang Flash Sale! LOWEST. PRICE. EVER!! Limited quantities! Grab yours before they’re gone at https://jerseycorals.com/collections/fish

IMG_4018.jpeg

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, here in my country the CB Biota yellow tang is 350$ at the lowest price..
so this would be a snack for me :)

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow Tang Flash Sale! LOWEST. PRICE. EVER!! Limited quantities! Grab yours before they’re gone at https://jerseycorals.com/collections/fish

IMG_4018.jpeg
“Lowest price ever” ? I used to cop these for $10 ea in Phx, AZ back in the early $2000 (easily verified)
…seriously tho, given inflation and the conditions of the seas and maybe $150 is a bargain

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Lowest price ever” ? I used to cop these for $10 ea in Phx, AZ back in the early $2000 (easily verified)
…seriously tho, given inflation and the conditions of the seas and maybe $150 is a bargain
I cannot see $150.00 as a bargain on that type of a fish, that's crazy, if you have it and don't care through the money away.

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
naw, I try not to be too nasty after all I doubt these folks have fleets of Benzo’s parked in front of the LFS … margins ain’t all that on most fish …
TBH, no I won’t buy a yellow tang for $150
I agree, there is No way either I would buy a Yellow Tang for 150 bucks.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we’re comparing decades ago, not the lowest price. However, given their cost in recent years, it’s honesty not too terrible. The shipping is the killer. Biota used to be the cheapest to buy direct from as they used to offer free shipping over $199 I think? But that’s gone, their prices have gone up, and their shipping is about $80 for me. The only thing preventing me from buying one is current finances and an LFS of mine regularly gets Biota stuff in so the cost is comparable if not cheaper when factoring in shipping from online stores.

OP
OP
Jersey Corals

Jersey Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I cannot see $150.00 as a bargain on that type of a fish, that's crazy, if you have it and don't care through the money away.
Hawaii closed in 2020. No one can even bring in wild caught yellow tangs. Unfortunately if you look anywhere for a yellow tang, you will likely pay upwards of $200. It’s not as simple as casting a net into the ocean and grabbing a bunch of YT’s. These are now captive bred, which takes research, time and a lot of funding.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back