Your choice, artificial rock ?

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Aquarium Specialty is phasing out Aquaroche. There was a thread somewhere, too expensive and too much trouble getting it to the US. Only a few pieces left on the website for sale.

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They recommend curing the pukani rock. It is just dry live rock so it is full of dead stuff. Just like the shelf rock I got you can see stuff on it so it will all be cured prior to cycling tank.

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a vidarock custom structure for my 150 and I love it. I fought with my scape for 2 years and always hated it.

I did a live swap out moving all my rock to the sump and putting in the new ceramic structure. I had zero disruption in my system. No algae cycle, nothing

One of the great features if the vidarock is the purple coloring they give it. It's not a uniform purple, but different shades throughout. It looks even better now that the coralline is starting to grow on it.

I also bought a bucket of frag plugs made from the same stuff. I remount all my frags and when I glue them to the structure it blends right in.

They are slow, the process took me many months, but well worth it.

Last edited:

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 145 75.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back