zeovit users

realreef7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any zeovit users on here? Got a bunch of zeo products for Christmas so I've been trying the whole zeo system on my frag tank as an experiment. Its been almost 2 months now and things don't look as good as they used to. Is it normal to have noticeable less PE? Colors have lightened up as expected but PE has decreased all across the board on all acros and my milli's don't seem happy at all. Currently dosing each product, zeobak, zeolite, zeo start, zeofood, phols xtra, coral booster, flatworm stop at half the recommended dose, 2x a week. Should I just stop this method entirely? Or cut the dosing back even more? Anyone have success using the zeo products?

I'd like to mention that my parameters have not changed except for phosphates. My phosphates used to run .25-.3 and now they're at .06-.08. cal, 400, alk 8-9, mag 1400, nitrates 3-5 (these have not changed). I've been doing less water changes and dosing less of the zeostart in hopes to raise my phosphates back up. Fish are fed 3-5x a day.

Some corals that seem to look really good (COLOR) under zeo products: torts, austera, echinata, turaki, granulosa, caardus
corals that dont look good (color is pale): all millis, short cake varieties, microlados, efflo
and again PE on all acropora have decreased significantly, both during the day and night.

One product that I do really like is the flatworm stop, the skin on all my acros seem thicker.

Reef Psychology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably moved phosphates (and other unmeasurable nutrients) too quickly for some corals. I’d keep going for now and follow their instructions to the T’s. The method is very hands on and deviating too much can cause instability. I tried Aquaforest’s similar method and I had to put their elixir on a doser due to low nutrients. What’s your Alk uptake like? If it slows then increase nutrient based supplements.

OP
OP
R

realreef7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of surprised how fast the phosphates dropped for how little I was dosing. Is it from the zeostart or zeofood? I'm assuming its from the carbon source? I feed 3-5x a day heavy on pellets. Just hooked up some ammonium bicarb on a doser, gonna try 20ml's a day on a 200g frag system

OP
OP
R

realreef7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run zeovit too. But I modified mine I swap zeostart for tropic marin np bacto balance because it’s a carbon source and it adds some nitrates and phosphates
How have you liked the zeovit system so far and how long have you been on zeo? How does your PE look like? Going to look into switching it out for np bacto or just stop the zeostart entirely.

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How have you liked the zeovit system so far and how long have you been on zeo? How does your PE look like? Going to look into switching it out for np bacto or just stop the zeostart entirely.
On this tank maybe 5 month. But I always have ran zeovit on my tanks. Pe is always the best in all my zeovit tanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6044.MOV
    12.5 MB

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 6AAEC09E-F5C4-4C16-AD2A-8F55C27A0CAB.jpeg
    6AAEC09E-F5C4-4C16-AD2A-8F55C27A0CAB.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 14

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some acropora just don't like change. There is nothing wrong with .25 PO4 nor is there anything wrong with .06 of PO4. It is (most) likely the swing that upset some of them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back