Zoa ID

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently got these zoa's,they were closed and took a chance for what I paid for them. After a few weeks they are coloring up and I recently moved them up high roughly 150 par or so. I am thinking I know what they are but still wanting a 2nd opinion. I think if I cook them a little more they will show their true colors,I think they are THOH (Tree House of Horror's). The polyps on top of the frags are getting more defined centers and not splotchy. There is about another 10-15 polyps on the bottom of the plug as well lol.

20231103_192130.jpg
20231103_213157.jpg 20231103_213108.jpg

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
What you have there is tree house on fire (thof).

Very similar but thoh don’t have the speckling and the green in the median is a different color. The eye on thoh is a white/blue as well. They’re two separate strains that won’t morph into each other. A Google search will show you a good example from NYRA.

Thoh are notoriously difficult to keep and frag. Thof are easier to keep and I’ve been seeing more available recently.

Excellent pick up. They’re gorgeous as both frags and colonies.

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you have there is tree house on fire (thof).

Very similar but thoh don’t have the speckling and the green in the median is a different color. The eye on thoh is a white/blue as well. They’re two separate strains that won’t morph into each other. A Google search will show you a good example from NYRA.

Thoh are notoriously difficult to keep and frag. Thof are easier to keep and I’ve been seeing more available recently.

Excellent pick up. They’re gorgeous as both frags and colonies.

I am giving them a few more weeks to really see because they have literally morphed into something totally different and the colors have better and better the past week after moving them up into higer par and higher flow.

The polyps that are on top of the frag are looking so much better. The side polyps are still splotchy.

Either way $5 for the frag is still an insane deal.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back