Zoas closed BUT all other coral doing well. Phosphate= 0. Nitrate=2

duganderson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 15 g. all in one. My birds nest, moni digi, nepthea, RBTA, torches and sun coral are all doing well but my two zoos are staying mostly closed. I think my lighting par is NOT too high becasue I tested recently with par meter. I think it's around 100 where the zoo's are. I feed my one clown quite a bit (mysis and pellets) and use reef rods or BRS reef chili 2-3 times a week for the coral. My nitrates are at 2 and but my phosphates still seem to be at 0. I have a VERY tiny piece of cheato that is NOT growing well in a small refugium I the back compartment. I do weekly water changes of about 20%. Paramaters are stable and dose daily with All for Reef. Rock is VERY old and tap water was used for several years with this rock in the past. RODI now. I run floss changed every 3 days and carbon chawed every 1-2 weeks.

Any suggestions why my zoos are not opening up?

Instead of dosing phosphate if that is needed, I'd rather just feed more but I'm fine dosage phosphate if that's better.

Any other thoughts, tips, questions, appreciated. Thanks

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back