zoas/palys that are likely to melt

Rockadile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have trouble with armor of gods melting. thing is i leave them in the tank and a month later babies pop up. they grow and then remelt. its a viscous cycle

OP
OP
Tabasco1

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DarthMauls :cry:
SpaceMonsters :cry:
Tangelos :cry:
ViperPalys :cry:
Sopranos :cry_002::cry_002:
AtomicSpaceMonsters :cry:

Makes me soooo :too_sad::too_sad::too_sad::too_sad:

And PPE, RPE :cry:

Bubbles! Wow... I am sorry for your losses. Nobody can say you didn't try though! :)

OP
OP
Tabasco1

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will go back through the thread and put a list together of all the ones that came up several times so that it can be more of a quick reference.

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have trouble with armor of gods melting. thing is i leave them in the tank and a month later babies pop up. they grow and then remelt. its a viscous cycle

That is one vicious cycle. Gives you hope, then dashes it when your at your highest.

DrTerro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some of the same. Darth Mauls are notorious for melting. And so are the Real Armageddons. Tried and tried on both. I have had some problems with the Bloodshots, but haven't lost the whole colony. Space Monsters in my opinion haven't done well under higher lighting. Food for thought; Most Zoas/Palys listed are new on the scene. It's going to take a while for these Melters and problematic corals to being resilient in our tanks. Over many propagation's and time, these zoas/palys will be able to do more then thrive. They will continue to Morph and become stronger and faster growers. The purple hornets now, are MUCH more stable then a few years ago. Give them all time and you might be able to keep them under the flashing light emitting from your 20year old VCR. Just kidding. But time will help.

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some of the same. Darth Mauls are notorious for melting. And so are the Real Armageddons. Tried and tried on both. I have had some problems with the Bloodshots, but haven't lost the whole colony. Space Monsters in my opinion haven't done well under higher lighting. Food for thought; Most Zoas/Palys listed are new on the scene. It's going to take a while for these Melters and problematic corals to being resilient in our tanks. Over many propagation's and time, these zoas/palys will be able to do more then thrive. They will continue to Morph and become stronger and faster growers. The purple hornets now, are MUCH more stable then a few years ago. Give them all time and you might be able to keep them under the flashing light emitting from your 20year old VCR. Just kidding. But time will help.

Good point. I never thought about how new many of the listed palys were to the scene and that they need to adapt to our tanks.

Acronymous

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you might have had some issues with your water, flow, and/or light. Nuc's and Purple Deaths tend to be strong palys.
yah maybe tank conditions are not ideal for these type of corals but my sps and chalices are doing well and I'm not planning on changing anything just for them

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 146 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back