zoas turning white

cimmorine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 days ago I switched media reactors to an avast one similar to 2lf. Didnt realize it was missing a top sponge so some carbon and gfo got released into the tank. I did a water change a day later and today some of my zoas, which were doing great, have lost their colors, lost their skirts, and open like a swollen eye....
Any ideas? Its only 4 of them but I can see others that have been fragged for well over 2 weeks now starting to lose their skirts too....

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any other Coral in system and if so what has been their reaction ? Does not sound good and not understanding why they would react so negatively to
Carbon and GFO like that.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
C

cimmorine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the tank I have a mini colony of hammers, not anywhere near them. Chalice, montis, digi, ricordias, a little bit of everything but only the zoas that have been fragged 1 weeks agk are being affected. .

OP
OP
C

cimmorine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, here is a photo of the 3 frags. Right above them you can see my mini colony of pink hallucinations.
20140110_141713.jpg

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 47 49.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back