OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
War Coral and Favia will need 2-3" plus room to grow, Pavona (when it starts encrusting) will be semi-aggressive so give it a rock away from non-aggressive corals.
When they arrive I will ask for help in IDing if I don't remember which ones are which and placement if that's ok. I also just realized the list is missing a Duncan and another acan I won. It's on my invoice but I must have cut it off when I took the picture.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When they arrive I will ask for help in IDing if I don't remember which ones are which and placement if that's ok. I also just realized the list is missing a Duncan and another acan I won. It's on my invoice but I must have cut it off when I took the picture.
We'll need pics of the Acans to make sure they're both the same - I'm hoping Acan Lordhowensis? Acan Echinata are good but I don't believe they can be kept with Acan Lordhowensis or possibly even with other Echinata.

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll need pics of the Acans to make sure they're both the same - I'm hoping Acan Lordhowensis? Acan Echinata are good but I don't believe they can be kept with Acan Lordhowensis or possibly even with other Echinata.
I will send pictures when they arrive if it ends up that I can't keep them together maybe I can trade them for another one at the store I went to today. He had some really nice corals.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I will send pictures when they arrive if it ends up that I can't keep them together maybe I can trade them for another one at the store I went to today. He had some really nice corals.
You can keep them in the same tank, just have to be separated.

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can keep them in the same tank, just have to be separated.
Ah ok I can put one on each side them and give them plenty of room. Lol do you think any of the ones on my list could be attached to the back wall like the one in the small DT tank at the store I went to today? It was so neat looking. They also had some zoas attached to the back wall.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ah ok I can put one on each side them and give them plenty of room. Lol do you think any of the ones on my list could be attached to the back wall like the one in the small DT tank at the store I went to today? It was so neat looking. They also had some zoas attached to the back wall.
Pavona can be. I'll have to look back at the list to see if any others. Encrusting Montis, Pavona/Lepto, GSP, Cyphastrea are a few that usually do good encrusting glass. Monti Caps can as well.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If they're both Acan Lords (actually Micromussa Lords now) they can be on the same rock and can touch with no problems. Acan Echinata can send out short sweepers but I'm not sure if they can touch each other or not.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the list of what I won in the auctions I took part in. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
1000004651.jpg
1000004652.jpg
Can't wait to see your haul!

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Micromussa can touch. This is my island. Keep Acanthastrea and Bowers separate .
IMG_5002.jpeg

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes. Micromussa can touch. This is my island. Keep Acanthastrea and Bowers separate .
IMG_5002.jpeg
If they're both Micros. The problem with a lot of vendors is they sell Acan Echinata and Micromussa Lordhowensis as Acans and no further description.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they're both Micros. The problem with a lot of vendors is they sell Acan Echinata and Micromussa Lordhowensis as Acans and no further description.
True enough. Though seeing them side by side you can see the differences. I’ve got a small echinata and you can see the differences. Structure of polyps is different like you said.
Echinata
IMG_5035.jpeg

Bower
IMG_5020.jpeg

Micro lord
IMG_4784.jpeg

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
True enough. Though seeing them side by side you can see the differences. I’ve got a small echinata and you can see the differences. Structure of polyps is different like you said.
Echinata
IMG_5035.jpeg

Bower
IMG_5020.jpeg

Micro lord
IMG_4784.jpeg
Yep, which is why I told her to make sure she gets us good pictures. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved the old anemone to the front hopefully the clownfish will make it happy and it will stay where I can see it. And for now the rainbow seems to like the little rock I set it on this morning. It was up on the glass when I woke up but I moved it down again.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 115 35.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back