Worried if the Seam is Damaged! Need help

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on page one of the sand rinse thread are loss examples from dealing in unrinsed sand, any degree, transfer none. You would not want to risk that reef tank to a transfer method that didn't prior show up as a 60 page link of work. that's a really serious transfer job there man.

any variance to the steps listed risks the system.

OP
OP
SimbaAnto

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on page one of the sand rinse thread are loss examples from dealing in unrinsed sand, any degree, transfer none. You would not want to risk that reef tank to a transfer method that didn't prior show up as a 60 page link of work. that's a really serious transfer job there man.

any variance to the steps listed risks the system.
Thank you so much . That well written steps and will follow this diligently. Thank you again for guiding

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you take pics for us pls we could really use them as guidance in future moves, total tank surgery is a big fun deal. it's going to feel strange when you're rinsing out that sand for hours on end but just keep on trucking it will clear.

the tank will look so clean upon reset, so shiny it will be just shocking, it should look devoid of water if the pre rinses were done right.

and in that muted light the corals will come out fast and that system will be 100% free of all organic waste, exactly like a mouth feels 20 mins after leaving the dentists office

and you can spot feed the corals in your new tank, take some time to direct feed them when polyps are out, with a little frozen entree or something to coax them back strong

as the light ramps back up they'll be strong on polyp extension/no color loss and it will all skip cycle as best as can be humanly predicted. can't wait to see outcome. subscribed for sure

OP
OP
SimbaAnto

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank delivered today. But the delivery guy pushed a bit and the pallet holding the base broke.

Upon inspection, didn't see any damage luckily . But then looking closely, I see this in the ATO section. Not sure if this is silicone excess or crack.

Unfortunately couldn't touch it as it's deep . Checking with Algae barn.

PXL_20240521_192920311.jpg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back