Radion Pro Settings and Schedule

admcmps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have purchased 2 Ecotech Radion Pros for my 60 gal 48Wx24Hx13D Mixed Reef. There are so many different opinions on the %'s that people are running the Radion Pros, anywhere from 20-85%. My goal here is to start and infomed discussion on the % and individual settings everyone is running their lights. By no means are we advising anyone on their reef, just an over view of our specifics. Here are the questions I have in mind...

1. Color Temperature at Max (10k, 14k, 20k...)
2. Overall % at Max
3. Time at % Max
4. Individual color channels at Max (UV__%, RB__%, B___%, W__%, G__%, R__%)
5. Tank dimensions
6. Type of tank (SPS, SPS Dominant, SPS/LPS, Mixed Reef, Lps & Softies)
7. Any PAR Thoughts / Previous Lighting
8. Any other additional schedule info ( full cycle times, blue am/pm cycle times)

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out gathering the info!

Here's how I started...

1. About 16k-ish
2. Ramping over 4 weeks from 40% - 55%
3. 9 Hrs
4. UV 100%, RB 100%, B 100%, W 55%, G 35%, R 45%
5. 48Wx24Hx13D
6. Mixed Reef moving toward SPS Dominant
7. Using Seneye, matched par close to my previous 2 AI Sol Super Blues (all 70 optics) parallel to tank (Radion Pros running the same way).
8. 1 hour ramp up time, two hours at end of cycle running UV & Blue channels at about 20%, 1/2 Hour Ramp down to 0%

Dan1789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to replace my ecoxotic panorama pros with radion pros so I will be following along.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

tapout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I am currently running with 2 radion pros as well.

1. Color Temperature at Max (10k, 14k, 20k...)
I run the radiant template but I changed it just a bit to when It hits 20k I deleted the point where it rises to 55% white and extend the 20k to 20k for 6 hours.

2. Overall % at Max
Currently 75% Max

3. Time at % Max
6 hours

4. Individual color channels at Max (UV__%, RB__%, B___%, W__%, G__%, R__%)
Ecosmart Lives preset ramps to 20k deleted the ramp to 55% white to the next 20k point then back to presets. I really love how the second point in the ramp bring out the color in my anthias and mystery wrasse

5. Tank dimensions
48x24x18
6. Type of tank (SPS, SPS Dominant, SPS/LPS, Mixed Reef, Lps & Softies)
Mixed acros,milles,montis,zoas,palys,chalices,favias

7. Any PAR Thoughts / Previous Lighting
ATI powermodule to G1 radions, to TIR G1, to Radion Pro. There was a difinite different look from ATI to the G1 the radion looked dim but were powerful, I raised intensity so they would look brighter to my eyes and ended up nuking a lot of corals. The TIR lens made the radions look a lot brighter while the switch to the pros brought out a lot of the colors in my chalices that I had lost from ATI T5 to the radions. I am very very pleased with the pros!

8. Any other additional schedule info ( full cycle times, blue am/pm cycle times)
I use the acclimate program when I add new corals and I have the lunar cycle enabled.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out gathering the info!

Here's how I started...

1. About 16k-ish
2. Ramping over 4 weeks from 40% - 55%
3. 9 Hrs
4. UV 100%, RB 100%, B 100%, W 55%, G 35%, R 45%
5. 48Wx24Hx13D
6. Mixed Reef moving toward SPS Dominant
7. Using Seneye, matched par close to my previous 2 AI Sol Super Blues (all 70 optics) parallel to tank (Radion Pros running the same way).
8. 1 hour ramp up time, two hours at end of cycle running UV & Blue channels at about 20%, 1/2 Hour Ramp down to 0%

OP
OP
A

admcmps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New update, Got the Radion Pros up to 39% and bleaching/lightening started to occur in plana, and mid tank acan echinatia. I am starting to believe Mr Saltwater tank was correct on his gauging of the lights. All other sps/lps seem fine and coloring beautifully. Going back down to about 16k at 32% similar to when Radions were first mounted. ilovereefing.com has posted his graph on his Radion Pros.

Back