Lighting schedule

Angelos

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
9
Location
greece
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to you all, i have a 100 gallons reef mixed tang, with lps, and sps corals, 2 acros to. I am running 12 hiurs of lps/soft preset on 2 radion xr15 pros on 50%. I wanna change the schedule to something more white, like ab+ or some other preset. How should i change it without stressing the sensitive corals etc?

IMG_1474.jpeg
 
I’ve never really given it much thought on stressing corals as long as you aren’t changing intensity too much.

More white is nice, I usually add more white in the times I am at home to enjoy the color of the fish and a natural looking reef.

More white light can increase algae and cyano growth, if those have been a problem in the past it’s something to consider.

I’d modify it to whatever you like and simply retain the intensity levels, give it a week and see how they do. 50% on a xr15 isn’t all that much light.
 
I run a modified AB+ schedule at 80% on a Waterbox 20 AIO and it does very well with my mixed reef.

It starts out more white and then ends with mostly blues. I toned down the red/green a bit to help with algae growth (bad bubble algae problem every now and then).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new