- Joined
- Jan 9, 2025
- Messages
- 2,021
- Reaction score
- 2,533
- Location
- Cumberland
- What state or country do you live in
- Virginia
Disclaimer : I did not purchase these lights- they were supplied by the manufacturer for an honest review with par readings to back it up.
Now that is out of the way here it goes- going to be long.
Couple weeks back ReefB made a post looking for hobbyists to test out their lights- I threw my name in the hat and after a couple messages back and forth here we are.
These lights are $119 on Amazon
Link will be at the bottom of this post
If you look at my previous posts I am an advocate for Noopsyche lights and halides- both my personal tanks runs a mix.
My Par meter is an Apogee 420x- it is a USB unit that goes into my laptop and runs apogee connect.
Getting started
Unboxing- I was pleasantly surprised when these lights showed up. Box is nice and tidy, shrink wrapped and labeled well.
Upon opening I was impressed by the layout and how secure everything was. Die cut foam to fit everything snuggly- actual light was additionally cover with a separate sleeve.
Comes with both mounting arm a hanging kit which surprised me, also Allen wrenches to fit the hardware.
70w and 8 channels. 1 being a dedicated moon light
Connecting - this was easy- blue tooth linked instantly. No WiFi. I really like this because if you are familiar with the Noopsyche lights you know how frustrating their app is.
Took a minute to get accustomed to the app but was fairly straight forward. There are no real preset schedules. Just a single generic to get you started. No problem here.
Light schedule- For these tests I opted to run the 3 blue channels @ 100% white and UV @ 20%, green and red @ 5%
Figuring this is going to be similar to most people running heavy blues and gives kind of a real world baseline.
Assembly- light is easy and self explanatory to assembly. Lots of adjustability
1st tank is a friends IM 25g lagoon- The light was temporarily installed for testing. Light was adjusted to the highest position, approximately 1 ft above water. The lagoon is a wide tank and was worried about cover.
Reading are in the picture.
I am surprised. This is a shallow tank but numbers looked good. Definitely enough light for any Lps dominant tank and some sps sprinkled in.
The second tank is one of my personal tanks.
It is a 54g mixed reef with quite a bit of SPS.
Currently it is set up with 2 noopsyche k7 IV pros along with a MH that runs for 4hrs daily peak.
If these new lights work well I will transfer the Noops to my big tank and keep the KoralLed lights on the 54g permanently and will report back with colors and growth.
By the time I got the lights installed on my 54g it was already getting late, snapped a few photos and will run the par meter tomorrow.
My first gripe is the mount- worked great on a rimless tank. But as a budget light it does not work well on what I would consider a budget rimmed tank. If these new lights tension screw was moved down an 1/8 inch (3mm) it would work fine in my opinion.
The final photo is the moon lights running at 5%. Photo makes the picture much brighter then in personal.
So far I am liking these lights.
Will continue the post / review tomorrow
https://a.co/d/0bqjTIvO

Now that is out of the way here it goes- going to be long.
Couple weeks back ReefB made a post looking for hobbyists to test out their lights- I threw my name in the hat and after a couple messages back and forth here we are.
These lights are $119 on Amazon
Link will be at the bottom of this post
If you look at my previous posts I am an advocate for Noopsyche lights and halides- both my personal tanks runs a mix.
My Par meter is an Apogee 420x- it is a USB unit that goes into my laptop and runs apogee connect.
Getting started
Unboxing- I was pleasantly surprised when these lights showed up. Box is nice and tidy, shrink wrapped and labeled well.
Upon opening I was impressed by the layout and how secure everything was. Die cut foam to fit everything snuggly- actual light was additionally cover with a separate sleeve.
Comes with both mounting arm a hanging kit which surprised me, also Allen wrenches to fit the hardware.
70w and 8 channels. 1 being a dedicated moon light
Connecting - this was easy- blue tooth linked instantly. No WiFi. I really like this because if you are familiar with the Noopsyche lights you know how frustrating their app is.
Took a minute to get accustomed to the app but was fairly straight forward. There are no real preset schedules. Just a single generic to get you started. No problem here.
Light schedule- For these tests I opted to run the 3 blue channels @ 100% white and UV @ 20%, green and red @ 5%
Figuring this is going to be similar to most people running heavy blues and gives kind of a real world baseline.
Assembly- light is easy and self explanatory to assembly. Lots of adjustability
1st tank is a friends IM 25g lagoon- The light was temporarily installed for testing. Light was adjusted to the highest position, approximately 1 ft above water. The lagoon is a wide tank and was worried about cover.
Reading are in the picture.
I am surprised. This is a shallow tank but numbers looked good. Definitely enough light for any Lps dominant tank and some sps sprinkled in.
The second tank is one of my personal tanks.
It is a 54g mixed reef with quite a bit of SPS.
Currently it is set up with 2 noopsyche k7 IV pros along with a MH that runs for 4hrs daily peak.
If these new lights work well I will transfer the Noops to my big tank and keep the KoralLed lights on the 54g permanently and will report back with colors and growth.
By the time I got the lights installed on my 54g it was already getting late, snapped a few photos and will run the par meter tomorrow.
My first gripe is the mount- worked great on a rimless tank. But as a budget light it does not work well on what I would consider a budget rimmed tank. If these new lights tension screw was moved down an 1/8 inch (3mm) it would work fine in my opinion.
The final photo is the moon lights running at 5%. Photo makes the picture much brighter then in personal.
So far I am liking these lights.
Will continue the post / review tomorrow
https://a.co/d/0bqjTIvO

Last edited: