Clownfish Egg Daily Photos

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just over 2 weeks ago, I noticed my clowns had laid a clutch of eggs. this may or may not have been their first, I dont know. But it seemed to perfectly Co-inside with my son's school science project so we observed them every day for the next batch and sure enough, on the morning of the 23rd, we noticed their latest clutch. Each Day I would take a photo or two of them to document the changes for his project. On that note, when I searched the internet for something like this, I NEVER found it. Only "when our eggs are silver or grey, they will hatch.." I know that hatch time is dependent on the type of clowns and the water temperature as well, but HOPEFULLY this pictorial will lay it out for anyone who is looking for it.

It took our eggs 10 Full days (plus the day prior when laid) to Hatch at the 78.5° temperature of our tank. There were over 450 of them in this batch.

Thease are Australian/Darwin's Black Ocellaris (Amphiprion ocellaris) fish. The Female is of Unknown origin and age (came with my tank 4 years ago) and the Male is from Sustainable Aquatics and they were paired 3 years ago. They paired INSTANTLY and have resided in the back left corner of my 180 ever since.

Day 1 - First full day after they were Laid. Date: 3/23/2014
Day1.jpg

Day 2 Male shown tending eggs
Day2WithDad.jpg

Day2.jpg

Day 3
Day3.jpg

Day 4
Day4.jpg

day 5
Day5.jpg

Day 6
Day6.jpg

Day 7
Day7.jpg

Day 8
Day8.jpg

Day 9
Day9.jpg

Day 10
Day10.jpg

Day 11. Morning after Hatch. there were a few stragglers.
Day11.jpg

Last edited:

jcm707

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool any update on this? Are you going to try raising them next time?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HA! That's cool!

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOnestly folks, none survived. the egs made it to hatch each and every time but since I am not setup for rearing them, they just went to feed the corals or whatever eats them. To update this thread even further, I downsized into a 66 gallon tank and got my fish a Pot to lay in. we just recently had our first clutch in the new digs and it was a large one. very tight and uniform. I fully expect them to get back into a rhythm and once we establish that, I will begin to create a grow out system for the babies and give it a shot to raise them.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 17 10.6%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 26.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 48.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back