Should I release Cherub Angelfish back into display?

Should Cherub Angel be release back into the display?

• Total voters

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cherub has been in jail for quite some time now. He was imprisoned for snacking on some acans. Trespassing and felonious assault, if you will. It will be another month or so before I can get another tank going to place him for rehabilitation. What say you Reef2Reef? His fate rests in you, the jury.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted no but only because I gave up on dwarf angels a long time ago. I never could find one that didn't nip.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted no, because IME once they start nipping it usually only gets worse. He needs to be re-homed to a FO or someone who doesn't care about corals getting nipped.

OP
OP
MrDJeep123

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted no but only because I gave up on dwarf angels a long time ago. I never could find one that didn't nip.

Thanks for voting. I REALLY love them, so it's extremely hard for me to give up on them.

I voted no, because IME once they start nipping it usually only gets worse. He needs to be re-homed to a FO or someone who doesn't care about corals getting nipped.

I wonder if it makes a difference not being around them for so long? I won't be relinquishing him to anyone. I will create another tank, it's just going to take longer than expected.

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chances are he'll go right back to nipping them. IME 80% of the time this is the case, so there's hope, but not much. If you really want to keep angelfish and other potential nippers you have to let them dictate what corals you keep.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
my cherub never bothered any corals he jus t had napeoleon complex and bothered every fish I had .. but chances are hes going to go right back to it...

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if it makes a difference not being around them for so long? I won't be relinquishing him to anyone. I will create another tank, it's just going to take longer than expected.

Acans are like zoas, hard for angels to resist. I can't keep any in my tank with my 4 dwarf angels. But they don't mess with any of my softies, SPS and only occasionally will nip at a euphyllia.

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience is that once you know they do it, then you can be confident they will do it again and again and again. I have a Goldflake angel. There are literally thousands of heads of zoas in my tank. And about every 2-3 months she picks one colony and BAM - it's gone. Then she leaves the zoas alone for a while.

If you put this one back in the tank, you will surely be trying to catch it again in the future.

Dave B

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny no one that voted yes posted a reason to return him to the display, only those that voted no.

Once a coral eater always a coral eater IMO. Now if you had an aggression problem between fish than that could work putting the fish in time out.

OP
OP
MrDJeep123

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny no one that voted yes posted a reason to return him to the display, only those that voted no.

Once a coral eater always a coral eater IMO. Now if you had an aggression problem between fish than that could work putting the fish in time out.

I know. I was hoping they would add input but I've decided it's best to keep him there. As much as his little face pains me. lol

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To the gallows with him!

Brem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont do it..

mine ate my complete acan garden in 1 day..

growing a new one now:)

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 31 34.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 50 55.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back