Calc reactor / tunze ATO setup

thisissimple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am setting up a calcium reactor. I traditionally have just used Kalk with my Tunze ATO, (using the tunze kalk reservoir system) but was wondering if anyone had tried hooking up the tunze pump to feed a reactor? I have doubts about its strength, and the ability to moderate the pH hooking it up like this.

I will probably end up putting this on a controller, and running a separate pump, but if I could run it off the TO pump, it would reduce my in-sump clutter a bit.

think this is feasible? has anyone hooked it up this way? I'd rather not repeat any one elses mistakes...

thanks in advance.

fsn77

Dad of 2 future hobbyists
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm... I would think it'll depend a lot on the size of your tank, the size of your calcium reactor, your calcium / alkalinity demand, and how much water you evaporate per day / how frequently the ATO pump runs. I've not done what you're describing myself, but I could see it potentially working. My reactor output is a constant drip, but a small stream every so often doesn't sound unfavorable, as long as there's adequate volume for it to mix with in your sump. If it can work you may actually use less CO2, since the RO/DI water will be at a lower pH compared to the tank's water.

Interesting idea... I'll keep an eye on what others have to say about it.

mufret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning to run your topoff RO water through the calcium reactor? If so, that won't work. You want water from the aquarium running through the calcium reactor, not RO.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 80 47.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back