Iso's 75 SPS Dominate

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I inherited a 75g with a stand, sump, skimmer, 4 bulb T5....the whole package. Ready to grow most corals. It need to be cleaned, redone, and have some LED's added.

I plan for this tank to be all SPS, maybe some zoas if they tolerate the light. I am going to provide a mix of DIY LED's and retrofitted T5's. Here is the start to a wonderful summer project..im so EXCITED!!!!!!! Got this baby free!

Time to do it right this time around knowing all my mistakes from the last 1.5 years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Isoprene

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running 24 Cree 3w LED's on two pucks, also running 4 T5 54W blue plus bulbs

Retrofitted it all in the canopy.

In the pictures just the LED's are on, thats why its so spotlight looking, the T5's are only running like 4 hours a day atm, weekly upping 1 hour.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes looking good!

OP
OP
Isoprene

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ MrFresh

No, no close ups yet. My dad however so graciously donated his old Nikon with a MACRO lense tripod and lighting equipment (I love my dad for being into photography). So after the corals are all placed, the aquascaping done, and everything is stable I am going to start the adventure of photographing and documenting my coral growth.

@ everyone else that posted

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

You guys are great for following along and commenting, any criticisms or comments are not only welcome but I highly value them, especially you veterans out there!

@ R2R, mods, members, and anyone that's on here that has helped me through this amazing adventure 2 years young....

THANK YOU!

This community has been nothing but informative, supportive, and down right nice to me since I started bothering everyone about almost everything you could reef related almost 2 years ago. You guys have helped me into one of the most rewardin and amazing hobbies. Other than teaching and family this is the passion of my life. I will not ever have a tank for any reason other than financial or legal reasons. I think about this hobby everyday and I can honestly say it helps be be a better, more responsible, knowledgeable, and passionate person every single day.

I thank you all very much and couldn't NOT have done this (at least not done is without 6 ulcers and a hospital bill to rival my reef tank cost) without you. I will continue to update this thread as much as I can with pictures and info. If this thread helps ANYONE out there with ANYTHING reef or tank related then it was worth it all in its self. I will continue to be an active member and contribute where I see fit, and know enough about to help people that were in the same situation as me some time ago.

THANKS AGAIN, BLESS YOU ALL! :bigsmile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Isoprene

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

First attempt with all the pumps on and i didnt use the remote so its blurry but im getting there. Older cannon camera so its tough but im gonna keep trying and post more, these are my Candy Apple Red's

OP
OP
Isoprene

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything finally settled, gave up on the camera for now, here are some updates with my cell phone. They come out better than anything else...

The tank is finally starting to color up, got two new jaebo pumps recently as well.

The tank has a few more changes I will try and get pictures of here soon. Everything is really growing quite well.

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job nice to see another bare bottom tank

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 85 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 66 34.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back