1   0   0
Nice update!

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see updated photos of the tank and corals. Can you also provide the full details on filtration as well? Many thanks. Corals look great, so would love to see more photos.

OP
OP
Isoprene

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't got a full tank shot, but this tank was busted down and replaced with my current 75 gallon sps tank, here is a corner shot. I do not run any filtration except a protein skimmer and filter sock, never run carbon, never gfo, no additives other then my own chemical brew which is essentially lime water with trade additives and magnesium manually. I top off with my chem brew top off ro/di water manually a gallon or two a day, yes I have very high evap, intentionally. I use about 3x the flow of many tanks I see, 2 siccee voyager 2 pumps, 1 maxijet upgraded with the 1200 gph kit, 1 italian 800 gph power head and a titan 800 return pump. Even with this amount of flow, which all pumps are run full blast I still manage to keep one rock of lps, zoas, and palys, very happy and colored tucked under the pump heavy side of the tank to hide them from intense light and flow. Thanks.

aDaKwAz.jpg

OP
OP
Isoprene

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a very old shot, when the tank first settled in after the move from the 75 in previous posts. I added the three other pumps and have since this time upgraded my sump and added a 12 gallon acrylic frag tank plumbed into the acrylic sump I have underneath now. Not in a hurry to provide a full tank shot and frag tank shot until I have replumbed it and built matching lights for the sump and frag tank, which should be pretty soon here. I have also recently started teaching again and A fellow educator with a connecting classroom teaching AP Biology is enlisting my help to setup a nice reef tank at Lincoln High School here in Tallahassee. Hopefully, this second time around, everything will come together nicely and should have good progression shots and a tank thread for that as well. Time permitting.

OP
OP
Isoprene

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I revisit all these old photos its made me realize a lot. I want my piece of the ocean back haha. I had this 75, at its peak, looking fully grown out with every type of coral I could find. I traded that for all sps, don't get me wrong, I love my current build, but a part of me really wants the beauty and natural look this tank grew into all on its own. I sat and watched this tank more then my current one. It was something I was really proud of at the time, I couldn't wait to show absolutely everyone I knew or wanted to, or even if they didn't want to see it. I think I need another tank......again....I want a mixed reef.

This old tank is how I got so passionate about this hobby. Some people never get to the point of truly investing their lives into the tanks and animals they own, which is normal, and fine. But I can say without embarrassment, have and without a doubt I will own, grow, and keep marine animals as long as I am allowed or alive. :)

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see an update.

OP
OP
Isoprene

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully I will have an update for you soon my man, you asked long ago and I have been caught up with regular life :) got some time over the holidays so I will try and get a system pic or two for you.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. :) Look forward to seeing how the tank looks now. :)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back