revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
R2R Article Writing Contest: Win a $100 Live Aquaria Gift Certificate

articlecontest.jpg

Short Version: Write a great article and you could win a $100, $50, or $25 Gift Card & have your article featured on the homepage of R2R!

Detailed Version: We are constantly amazed at how knowledgeable and helpful our community members are! The R2R forum provides a wonderful opportunity for members to post questions and reply with answers. Unfortunately a lot of really amazing information can get lost in the super activity on the forum. Over the years we’ve received requests to add more articles & FAQ’s to our community and this is the perfect opportunity for us to do that and get you involved as well.

Rules:

1. Create a well worded & detailed title for your article. Example: “How To Set Up A Saltwater Aquarium” is much better than the title: “Tank Noob”

2. Write a unique high quality article with around 750 words (more is fine as long as it is good / helpful info) pertaining to saltwater or reef aquariums. It must have at least one picture relative to the subject. Bonus points if you add more pics. :D

3. Articles must be written by you and must be a new article from this day forward.

4. Post your article in the proper forum for which it applies.
(if your article is about "How To Set Up A Saltwater Aquarium” then it needs to be posted in the "New to the Hobby" forum.

5. Post a reply to this thread with a link to your article(s). There is NO limit to how many you can submit!

**Bonus points are given for grammar and punctuation as well as photos. Please use a spell checker, commas, spaces, new paragraphs, etc.**
**Articles submitted may be used by Reef2Reef as stickies, blog posts, FB posts, or any other way deemed valuable to our community.**

Prizes:

First place prize will be a $100 Gift Certificate from Liveaquaria.com

Second Place prize will be a $50 Gift Certificate from Liveaquaria.com

Third Place prize will be a $25 Gift Certificate from Liveaquaria.com

Contest will end on August 8th. Myself and a couple other mods will be the judge and will announce the winners.
A minimum of 30 articles is needed or the contest time may be extended.

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we need to link them? And, is it cool to submit one that was copy pasted already on the site... but written by me?

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we need to link them? And, is it cool to submit one that was copy pasted already on the site... but written by me?

looks like you need a new one

3. Articles must be written by you and must be a new article from this day forward.

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great contest. Too bad I'm not much of a writer :)

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This a great contest. I might post something about seahorses. :)

neverfinished

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/reef-aquarium-discussion/90934-cyanide-collection-methods.html

sorry for the picture being in the second post. :redface:

here is an research article that i did. It is just an article to give people awareness of some of the devastating practices we have employed in the past as far a fish collecting methods. This article is intended to inform (not bash) hobbyist so that they have better knowledge and can strive to look for sustainably caught or tank bred fish and corals.

Last edited:

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking forward to writing one.. but man does the timing stink for me right now!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You got time!! :D

Everyone just do your best! If you don't win you are at least contributing to the site. Thank you!

neverfinished

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a great community, and contributions from all people, no matter if they are a novice or expert, are always welcome. That is what makes this site so great. ( no body will bash you for putting information out)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
a great community, and contributions from all people, no matter if they are a novice or expert, are always welcome. That is what makes this site so great. ( no body will bash you for putting information out)

Right on!! Thank you!

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got time!! :D

Everyone just do your best! If you don't win you are at least contributing to the site. Thank you!

I wish Rev! I move Aug 10th, and am currently packing now. The topic I have will take me quite a while to write up and find pictures for. :(

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump!!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Chris looks good but needs one image per the rules! :D Link me to one and I will add it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back