overflow cover

  • Thread starter Thread starter rayn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2014
Messages
3,355
Reaction score
2,383
Location
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a overflow cover for my bean style over flow. Woke up this morning to the gurgle of it not draining correctly. Pull the 90° drain and it is full of snails...again.

Is there a stiff screen I can bend to cover the overflow? Or what other ideas do you guys have?
 
I had considered that, but some of the snails are small enough to get through. I used eggcrate cut and pushed into the pipe, they still get past it.
 
Looks for a plastic mesh material that they use as gutter guard at your local hardware store. It's stiff enough to hold form but small enough to keep things out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new