True Tricia Tank thread

truetricia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my tank. I just added some Blue plus T5s and it's photographing bluer than it appears.

90 mixed reef tank:
Softies
LPS
SPS
Zoas & palys

Fish:
Naso tang
Sailfin tang
One spot fox face
2 pajama cardinal
Niger trigger

40g sump

uploadfromtaptalk1408239282755.jpg

Sn4k33Y3z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Your tank has a lot of potential. I like the soft edge on the right side of the rockscape. Looks really natural. Keep the pic's coming :)

OP
OP
truetricia

truetricia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess now that I stayed this thread I should fill it in a bit.

I just moved up to DC about a year ago from Miami. I kept a reef tank for about 5 years before moving here, but a much simpler one. I loved diving and had a collector's license, so much of what I kept was from the sea and had caught myself. I ended up going back to law school and didn't go collecting as much. My tanks also suffered from general neglect compared to before.

Here's a picture of my 40g tank in Miami, although in this phase it was a lot from the LFS.
c6af7e88bc8903bbfd85a3f9727c8f04.jpg

While in Miami, I also did marine mammal rescue work.

After moving up to DC, I knew I wanted to stay in the hobby. I had moved up my 20g and some fish. My maroon clown was the only fish to survive. I bought a 40g system off someone with the fish included. I then learned about WAMAS, my local club, and joined.

I had wanted to start a 90g fowlr tank. Then suddenly after joining wamas, I was building a 40g sump instead of buying a canister filter. I installed led and T5 lights, and I added corals. Some of my live rock came from the 40g tank, and some came "new." I've gotten so much equipment and corals from members and have learned so much more.

Which brings me up to the 90g. It's been up for 4 months, so I'm proud of where it's at. I'm seeing some growth in corals and am keeping some of the hardier pieces of SPS alive. I've got 6 fish (added that trigger), and nearly 60 different corals ranging from leathers to acans and montis. They're all small, but I can't wait until they grow into the tank!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 59 28.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 19.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back