Stocking order for a 150 gallon tank

sky414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! I am looking for feedback on the stocking order of my 5 foot 150 gallon Aqua Japan. Please let me know if I should adjust any of the following. I have a 40 Gallon Tall for a QT tank as well.

I do want coral, but beside the GSP that I want to grow on the entire back wall, I want to have the tank fully stocked with fish first. I want juveniles. I have no problem with rehoming them if/when they get too big. My plan is to every 21 days introduce the following:

1. 2 pink skunk clowns
2. Yellow spotted box fish or saddled valentini puffer (but the puffer is a way distance second to the box fish)
3. 6 pyjama cardinals
Then CUC - nassarious, bumble bee and trochus snails, a conch, and a skunk, pepermint and fire shrimp
4. Diamond goby and firefish
5. Goldline rabbit fish and/or magnificent foxface
6. royal gamma or dotty back
7. blue streak cleaner wrasse and blue jaw trigger
8. lawnmower or starry blenny AND mandarin goby (I already have refugium with copopods - 6 months in, I should have a good population)
9. 3 juvenile tangs - one of these (yellow, sailfin or scopas) and a lipstick naso and hippo
I would also like a hawkfish and sand sifting star if the opportunity arises.

I am here to learn, and I will research whatever you tell me, but I appreciate any wisdom of those further along. Thanks!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GSP on the back wall is overrated. Eventually it just falls over on itself and spreads everywhere you don't want it to be. In my case, ruining my tank.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! I am looking for feedback on the stocking order of my 5 foot 150 gallon Aqua Japan. Please let me know if I should adjust any of the following. I have a 40 Gallon Tall for a QT tank as well.

I do want coral, but beside the GSP that I want to grow on the entire back wall, I want to have the tank fully stocked with fish first. I want juveniles. I have no problem with rehoming them if/when they get too big. My plan is to every 21 days introduce the following:

1. 2 pink skunk clowns
2. Yellow spotted box fish or saddled valentini puffer (but the puffer is a way distance second to the box fish)
3. 6 pyjama cardinals
Then CUC - nassarious, bumble bee and trochus snails, a conch, and a skunk, pepermint and fire shrimp
4. Diamond goby and firefish
5. Goldline rabbit fish and/or magnificent foxface
6. royal gamma or dotty back
7. blue streak cleaner wrasse and blue jaw trigger
8. lawnmower or starry blenny AND mandarin goby (I already have refugium with copopods - 6 months in, I should have a good population)
9. 3 juvenile tangs - one of these (yellow, sailfin or scopas) and a lipstick naso and hippo
I would also like a hawkfish and sand sifting star if the opportunity arises.

I am here to learn, and I will research whatever you tell me, but I appreciate any wisdom of those further along. Thanks!
Box fish release toxins when stressed, I think they are cool but due to that I stay away from them

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naso and hippo will outgrow the tank, just as an fyi. I have a hippo in my 150, but am aware he will need to be rehomed in the future

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back