Vermetid snails

Brinkfish312

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2014
Messages
188
Reaction score
11
Location
Shreveport, LA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure this has been addressed before, but what's the best way to actually remove them? If I pick at them, usually just the tube part comes off, sometimes with part of the base. Does this actually remove/kill them or can their bodies still be there and make another one? Should I smother with a piece of glue or epoxy? I'm noticing the mucus strings increasing in number and want to rid before they start irritating the corals
Thanks
 
A small flathead screwdriver scrapes them off cleanly (usually). I mostly don't worry about them unless there's a particular one irritating a coral.
 
If you scrape them off and don't catch them or get them out will they just move and find another place to reattach?
 
I usually use pliers or bone cutters and i smash them. If he retracts into the base before I get him then I dig at the base with bone cutters. I just recently aquired a Yellow Coris Wrasse which have been seen eating them. Nothing yet though.
 
I use a screwdriver, takes them clean off. I've removed hundreds in the last couple weeks. (Cooking my rocks so I go snail hunting when I change that water.)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new