“New” Automatic Feeder Style

Texas_Aquaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with the style of automatic feeder shown in this picture? It is offered by several different companies/suppliers, mainly on Amazon. It comes with a synced-up camera, which I find compelling for those of us who travel, as well as being WI-FI enabled…….but it must of course first and foremost be a reliable feeder. Any input appreciated. Thanks.
IMG_6627.jpeg

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one looks the same but cheaper. Maybe get one to try? Its Amazon so returns are easy. I would like to see inside of it. I wish they would have a video of the feeder in action not just the app. That said a camera wouldn't be a reason for me to buy a feeder. I've yet to find a good good place to mount a camera to watch any of my tanks unless I use a tripod so I don't bother.

Screenshot_20240407-082612.png

Joekovar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I avoid anything with a built-in camera. At the rate AI is progressing, a single high resolution camera is going to be capable of deciphering all sorts of information from a scene in no time.

I'm talking one camera in a room that can see when an auto feeder has activated based on it moving, whether it was empty based on how the fish move, tracks which fish have been seen in the tank each day, spots large chunks of coral that have been broken off, the list goes on and on.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back