▶ [Video] TRIDENT vs ALKATRONIC - Head to Head Comparison - Automated Water Testing

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
[VIDEO] - Episode 7 - TRIDENT vs ALKATRONIC - Head to Head Comparison

Neptune Systems Apex TRIDENT & Focustronic ALKATRONIC go Head to Head for a Comparison Test. After a few months of use we will talk you through What they do, Setup as a New User, Calibration, Pricing, Testing Times, Reagents, Cost per Test, How much Noise do they Make/How Loud are they. Both units can control your dosing using test results. Both devices are Really Cool and Accurately test your tank's water for what they were designed to test for.

U

User1

View Badges
Clearly part of the marketing campaign and a pre prepared add disguised as a review.
We still need to wait for real users to know the actual performance.

Pretty much nailed it here. There are a few of these out on the interwebz and they are pretty much useless mainly due to them not even remotely being apples to apples comparison. They may be entertaining based on the personality of the reviewer but the products are different on both what they test, number of tests per day, and price.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much nailed it here. There are a few of these out on the interwebz and they are pretty much useless mainly due to them not even remotely being apples to apples comparison. They may be entertaining based on the personality of the reviewer but the products are different on both what they test, number of tests per day, and price.
Especially this guy...
We will see couple more soon I am sure of it. Neptune good with using people like that guy to spread quick messaging...
I do not think we know yet how good or bad trindont is, it is still to be seen.
Let's see if we can score a review from randy...

Last edited:

Saveafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of the trident shortcomings were mentioned, like the forced 4x tests each day and maintenance hurdle. I find this a bit interesting.
The test alone will cost 600$ plus with having to test so often. Two weeks to get it dialed in. Really he is bought by them. You know from this he got the free one.
Marketing at its best. Give free ones away and ohh they are the best. Pfffft

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The test alone will cost 600$ plus with having to test so often. Two weeks to get it dialed in. Really he is bought by them. You know from this he got the free one.
Marketing at its best. Give free ones away and ohh they are the best. Pfffft
Not everyone like that. But yeh this guy have zero credibility I have followed him from early days when he tried to be a "writer" about aquarium care, no real substance or experince.

Last edited:

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just in case people stumble upon this thread via google: There is some incorrect info in the video. (The video is new enough it would probably be better to just pull it off youtube, edit those sections with the correct info in place, and post a new vid.)

9VSIEM9.jpg

sspr7EX.png

XPukMT3.jpg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back