☆☆ - Fall Grow-Out Contest - Corpse of Helltrollsman man Picture Entries - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the contest goes till September so we got a minute to do things , and even then there's not a rush :) At least not for me, I'm in it for fun and to kind of see where I'm at compared to others and keep me little more interested/on top of my tank which will be put to the test once fishing season hits. Do I think ill win NOPE lol but its cool to see everyone's else progress and get feedback on what they do to help improve my own reefing. That being said I should post little more about my setup. If anyone's interested.
330 display 90 sump
6 black boxes set at 20 for white and 90 for blue
6 XR15 using a tweaked TSA light schedule
Dosing with DOS from my neptune system using Randys ALK and CAL recipe about 450 ML a day from each adjusted daily/weekly to try and keep in parameters.
Just started dosing trace elements A and K from tropic marine along with dosing C at 225 ML a day with old peristaltic pump.
Also started using there reef actif,,,not sure about this though....Cyano showing up allot since I started. 3 weeks into it so far.
Little macro in sump skimmer off.

EDIT:
Also I will say that I put my frags after a week on my frag tray out on my rock work. I see allot of people left them on there frag trays till they encrusted the plug. Which I think is a better Idea. From 10-2 each day mine are getting 6-700 par, tested with a Parwise meter.

Last edited:

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
March Results - Let me know if I missed anything

User
Pic?
X​
X​
MISSED​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
@DJF
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
MISSED​
X​
MISSED​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
OUT​
X​
OUT​
X​

cjmunton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
April

@StatelineReefer
@BranchingHammer
@Reefing102

Start
IMG_0358.jpeg

April
IMG_0718.jpeg

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not officially out. But had to save the piece. Skin started to peel. Not sure why.

Coloring up nice, but never really had any PE the entire time I had it.

cjmunton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will need to look into that dang.

Lights, tank age, size
It’s a 125 gallon. I run T5s with an LED strip. Tank is almost a year old. The rocks are 4 years old the tank crashed when I moved to my new house a year ago, so it was a reset and I decided to have a go at acropora dominant tank. I am having good growth with acropora but still struggling pulling the cool colors out. I will post some pictures of it when I get home. Filtration is fleece roller (best investment ever) and protein skimmer. I use a trident to control dosing. The dosing is the 3 part aquaforest. I dose 2-3 times a week all the trace elements and what not as part of the probiotic method.

cjmunton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a 125 gallon. I run T5s with an LED strip. Tank is almost a year old. The rocks are 4 years old the tank crashed when I moved to my new house a year ago, so it was a reset and I decided to have a go at acropora dominant tank. I am having good growth with acropora but still struggling pulling the cool colors out. I will post some pictures of it when I get home. Filtration is fleece roller (best investment ever) and protein skimmer. I use a trident to control dosing. The dosing is the 3 part aquaforest. I dose 2-3 times a week all the trace elements and what not as part of the probiotic method.

Attachments

• IMG_0730.jpeg
    IMG_0730.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0731.jpeg
    IMG_0731.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0732.jpeg
    IMG_0732.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0733.jpeg
    IMG_0733.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 36

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back