0 ammonia but 1ppm nitrites !!!!

LivingCorals Youtube

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2025
Messages
88
Reaction score
67
Location
colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
long story short something cracked my tank and thankfully I have another tank. I’ve been doing the fishless cycle on my new tank

I’m reading at 0 ammonia and about 1ppm nitrite and 20ppm nitrates

Is it ok to put my one fish in the tank ? I had no coral nor inverts just one fish
 
Also, it’s possible your nitrates aren’t even at 20 (not that 20 is harmful) because the nitrites can mess with the nitrate test.
So green light to grab my fish from LFS and put in tank? Or would you wait ?
 
You’re good to go.

There’s folks on here with thriving reefs and nitrates way north of 50.

Now onto your next step in reefing: Algae and disease control!
 
You’re good to go.

There’s folks on here with thriving reefs and nitrates way north of 50.

Now onto your next step in reefing: Algae and disease control!
Thank you! And yes I have some CUC ready and other things to control that with !
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new