0 nitrate 0.12 phosphate

PristineReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nitrates are reading 0 but phosphate is high at 0.12. How can I drop phosphate? I just started dosing nitrate to raise it up. I have a little gha on rock so I guess it can grow with no nitrate. Any help woke great. Please explain so I can understand.

Ty in advance!

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nitrates are reading 0 but phosphate is high at 0.12. How can I drop phosphate? I just started dosing nitrate to raise it up. I have a little gha on rock so I guess it can grow with no nitrate. Any help woke great. Please explain so I can understand.

Ty in advance!
I have the same problem as well with my phosphate at .06 . It’s starting to climb slowly as I don’t have much fish I feed or coral yet. I’m no expert, but from what I read, nitrate and phosphate have a weird relationship where as one increases, the other decreases as it is limited in the system. Not too sure the explanation on exactly how that works but from dozens of post I’ve read, as your nitrates rise, your phosphates fall, this is where I’ve heard about reefers feeding more frequently to account the phosphates falling. I believe as long as you continue to dose you’ll decrease the phosphate. I’m actually going to start a thread and see what answers I can get if that helps you as well

Edgar F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on the same boat here 0 nitrates and po4 .08 GHA keeps growing ...so frustrated lol

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably have some nitrate that is being consumed by the GHA. Raising nitrate will probably be the best option for lowering phosphate. You can also try GFO or phosguard

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 21.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back