ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning!
603E72F7-4928-4A54-84EA-F591AB5DAC91.jpeg
Ohhhh. That should be framed and at ur desk at work.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exhausted and sore lol. I’ve waterchages to do on the reef this weekend so that needs to pass lol. Ty for asking ❤️
Can you skip water or break it up throughout the weekend? If you finally feeling a touch better don’t empty your energy tank completely.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi all, hope you are all good, specially Jennifer, wish all the best for next week. I am doing fine, it is summer here so a lot less outside activities. The tank is doing ok too. I added 2 fishes, 1 blue gudgeon dartfish loved the color on white spectrum even if my tank is more blue, he is very shy and settle well in the tank since 1 month. The other is more a bet as he is very finicky it is a royal pencil wrasse, no aggressivity when he is out but food will complicated, he is here since a lit bit more than 2 weeks. I am thinking to add the last one which is a flame hawkfish but I am a bit afraid with the tailspot. Otherwise no disease, no algae, a little bit of ugly phase on the sand but it is disappearing, still fighting high nitrate and high phosphate.
I wouldn't add the Hawkfish. @Slocke might know a little more about Hawkfish and that Pencil Wrasse compatibility?

Anyways, Wrasse are beautiful additions so congrats!

How high is nitrate and phosphates?

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chocolate Tang came out of acclimation box last night. Everyone woke up to the new Alpha of the tank. Some definite resetting of hierarchy!

TSA corals came out in full glory yesterday. Today I’m Going to dip in PolypLabs Primer. For the one monti-cap that broke, I’ll do a separate dip of Lugol’s Iodine and glue back together. Everything back in acclimation tank.

I’ll be adding this and more on build thread for those that want to follow.

Today is a rest day. So you’ll all get a break from my monologues.

Happy Friday as we head into the weekend and hopefully some weekend style food enjoyment!

And don’t forget to take a quiet moment or two just for yourself

Slocke

I’m pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, hope you are all good, specially Jennifer, wish all the best for next week. I am doing fine, it is summer here so a lot less outside activities. The tank is doing ok too. I added 2 fishes, 1 blue gudgeon dartfish loved the color on white spectrum even if my tank is more blue, he is very shy and settle well in the tank since 1 month. The other is more a bet as he is very finicky it is a royal pencil wrasse, no aggressivity when he is out but food will complicated, he is here since a lit bit more than 2 weeks. I am thinking to add the last one which is a flame hawkfish but I am a bit afraid with the tailspot. Otherwise no disease, no algae, a little bit of ugly phase on the sand but it is disappearing, still fighting high nitrate and high phosphate.
IMO hawkfish are on the more aggressive side. They have issues with gobies and blennies often and sometimes will just be general bullies. Luckily they lack the mobility of other fish. I haven’t had a flame and it might be better then others.

As for the pencil wrasse they often don’t eat well at first which is one of a number of reasons they are difficult. There’s not a direst issue between the hawk and a pencil though. Pencil should be agile enough to avoid a hawk.

Remi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't add the Hawkfish. @Slocke might know a little more about Hawkfish and that Pencil Wrasse compatibility?

Anyways, Wrasse are beautiful additions so congrats!

How high is nitrate and phosphates?
Thank you Tim. Nitrate between 0.3/0.4, phosphate 0.65. I tried reactor with rowa phos but no result. I tried tropic elimi phos rapid (lanthanum), I put it the 1st time in the sump instead of the skimmer (big mistake) I think it went on the return pump directly on a sps and maybe the reason why it died. So after a bit I stop using it. I may try again but by 1ml.

Remi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO hawkfish are on the more aggressive side. They have issues with gobies and blennies often and sometimes will just be general bullies. Luckily they lack the mobility of other fish. I haven’t had a flame and it might be better then others.

As for the pencil wrasse they often don’t eat well at first which is one of a number of reasons they are difficult. There’s not a direst issue between the hawk and a pencil though. Pencil should be agile enough to avoid a hawk.
Thank you it was the opportunity as the price was low and the flame was on my wish list. At this end it is a red hawkfish so it will stay as it is. The royal it is like it doesn't understand it is food coming in front of him. It is 16 days and doesn't seem to lose weight so maybe it is chasing worms or something else. I don't remember the English when the fish is beyond rescue as too slim but it is not like that up to now. It is an adult size.

Slocke

I’m pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you it was the opportunity as the price was low and the flame was on my wish list. At this end it is a red hawkfish so it will stay as it is. The royal it is like it doesn't understand it is food coming in front of him. It is 16 days and doesn't seem to lose weight so maybe it is chasing worms or something else. I don't remember the English when the fish is beyond rescue as too slim but it is not like that up to now. It is an adult size.
It could definitely be eating little organisms in your tank.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything alright where you’re at Luis? I heard on my commute north Miami is getting hit again today with rain and more flooding.

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back