P9290176.jpeg

Reef Cloverson’s Mixed Reef

I have a high end mixed reef, with everything from mushrooms, zoas, acros, montiporas, acanthos, torches, hammers, etc…
I have a high end mixed reef, with everything from mushrooms, zoas, acros, montiporas, acanthos, torches, hammers, etc…

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
130
When did you start this tank?
Jan 1, 2023
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
24
Aquarium Height (inches)
12
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Internal Overflow
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
30
Aquarium Stand
DIY Wooden Stand
Aquarium Controller
YES
Aquarium Controller Make and Model
A3 Apex Controller
Protein Skimmer
YES
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Reef Octopous Regal 150SSS 6" Space Saving Protein Skimmer
Aquarium Reactors
  1. Kalk
Return Pump
Ecotech Vectra M2, Jebao
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao SLW-20 Wave Maker Flow Pump (x4)
Aquarium Lighting
  1. LED
Lighting Equipment List
Radions XR-15 (x2)
AI Blade Grow 39” (x2)
Radion XR-30 (x2)
Reef Brite 2’
Reef Brite 15”
Lighting PAR and Goals
250-350
Dosing Equipment
  1. Calcium
  2. Alkalinity
Dosing Equipment Detail
Kamoer F4 PRO 4 heads aquarium doser
Auto Top Off or ATO
YES
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Large 2’x2’ Fan
400W Heater with Controller, Attached to Apex

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.1
Specific Gravity
1.025
Nitrate or NO3
10 ppm
Phosphate or PO4
0.05
Calcium
400
Alkalinity
7.5
Magnesium
1350
Salt Brand
Instant Ocean Purple Box
Trace Element Dosing
B-Ionic Two Part
Tropic Marin K & A
Water Chemistry Detail
I do ICP every two months, and 20% water changes weekly, water chemistry is not perfect but quality

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Sand
Substrate Level
Shallow
Live Rock
60
Live Rock Type
Jakarta
Nutrient Export
  1. Macro Algae
  2. Protein Skimmer
  3. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
I perform a 20% water change weekly. I use two 30-gallon brute trash cans—one for freshwater and one for saltwater—set up as towers for both water changes and my gravity-fed auto top-off system.
For the water change, I simply turn a valve to start refilling my aquarium with fresh saltwater. The water I remove from the tank has to be carried upstairs and disposed of outside.
Nutrient Export Details
I feed a lot and have a lot of corals and fish. I let the ecosystem absorb the nutrients and provide heavy skimming and frequent water changes.

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Basslet
  2. Blenny
  3. Chromis
  4. Clownfish
  5. Dragonet
  6. Goby
  7. Wrasse
  8. None
Total Fish
16
Coral List
  1. SPS Coral
  2. LPS Coral
  3. Zoanthids
  4. Soft Coral
  5. Mushroom Coral
  6. NPS Coral
Total Corals
100
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Crabs
  3. Starfish
  4. Shrimp
  5. Snails
  6. Clams
  7. Urchin
Total Inverts
50
Livestock Detail
I have a lot of species which all seem to thrive. The aquarium is acropora dominant but is also a true mixed reef, as it houses, zoas, mushrooms, meat corals, chalices, clams, anemones, and just about everything else. I love biodiversity, all of these animals are so beautiful and can benefit each other.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. Fish
  2. Coral
  3. Invert

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
A Few Times Weekly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
Auto Feeder
YES

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Keeping clean and well-balanced water is key. This means doing regular water changes, ensuring good water circulation, and keeping a high level of biodiversity with fish, corals, and invertebrates. The high biodiversity allows me to feed a lot and ensure the nutrition of my animals.
For me, staying consistent is important. I use ICP tests and water changes to make sure my reef’s water is in check. From there, I measure alkalinity daily and phosphate twice a week to maintain stability.
Great looking tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new