Saltwater Aquarium Build

Joined
Feb 6, 2021
Messages
21
Reaction score
42
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody! This past week I attached a 50 gallon aquarium to my 60 gallon aquarium. They are both plumbed into a 40 gallon sump. I think it came out amazing! Let me know what you think. I added the water to this tank 2 days ago and already have sps, lps and fish! Check out my instagram, TikTok or YouTube as I am more active on those platforms @reef.cloverson Lets chat!
 

Attachments

  • filtered-6769D296-98AB-493B-A888-844C3200BF7A.mp4
    3.7 MB
  • IMG_8341.mov
    33.8 MB
  • IMG_8342.mov
    14.2 MB
Do you have pictures? Videos can be weird at times
 
Update:
It is now just two months after I added the 50-gallon tank to my display! Everything is thriving. We did face a significant diatom outbreak about a month in, but I managed to tackle it by increasing water flow, performing regular water changes, and introducing millions of copepods and phytoplankton into the tank.
I also added sand to the fifty gallon about two weeks ago, which made the bottom more reflective, less likely to grow diatoms, and made the aquarium look way better as a whole.
 

Attachments

  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 38
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_9653.jpeg
    IMG_9653.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9654.jpeg
    IMG_9654.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9656.mov
    16.8 MB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new