Luck be a Lady

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Appreciate all the help :)

I think the issue was a few things. We set it temporarily in the kitchen on the kitchen table. I think that was a bit too unsteady. Also it is a very open room and quite cold in there so drafts and cooling too fast was also possibly an issue.

I did tweak the wheel on the one side a hair, and we set up a spot in the living room where it won’t be messed with and in a corner. Also I think the filament is a tad old.

I was able to finally print out the feed cover that I wanted and it looks really good.

Now I need more stuff to print lol. I may find one of those power supply block things that people print to help organize their cords. Idk.
Good to hear.
Once you get started it's hard to not find things to print. Mine runs nearly 24/7.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah, my wife walked in and looked at my laptop the other day when I was designing an acrylic dosing container. I also had a STL for a 3D printed version. She saw that and said nope! It was a 26 hour job.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yeah, my wife walked in and looked at my laptop the other day when I was designing an acrylic dosing container. I also had a STL for a 3D printed version. She saw that and said nope! It was a 26 hour job.
I want to print the Bambu riser for the AMS, it has drawers for parts, and tool holders also. 1/4 of the top is 16 hours. That's not including the drawers and other parts...

Tie up the printer for a week... Sheesh

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I want to print the Bambu riser for the AMS, it has drawers for parts, and tool holders also. 1/4 of the top is 16 hours. That's not including the drawers and other parts...

Tie up the printer for a week... Sheesh
you should buy a couple of these to print all the stuff for your BambuLabs... :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Do you run klipper on any of your machines?
not yet. was battling an aging CR-10... maybe now that my faith in the machines is restored...

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
not yet. was battling an aging CR-10... maybe now that my faith in the machines is restored...
I'm pretty impressed with the Bambu, they cost a lot but it's nearly set it and forget it. I don't like it's not open source. I also want more information than the software provides. But then again it simplifies things.

The AMS is great though, wish I could use it on other printers too. I know there are other auto filament changers but they all have their own issues and can be pricey on their own.

Still, bed size is a pain, went from 220 to 235, still need more.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm pretty impressed with the Bambu, they cost a lot but it's nearly set it and forget it. I don't like it's not open source. I also want more information than the software provides. But then again it simplifies things.

The AMS is great though, wish I could use it on other printers too. I know there are other auto filament changers but they all have their own issues and can be pricey on their own.

Still, bed size is a pain, went from 220 to 235, still need more.
That's a nice thing about rolling your own Marlin; you can get Ender3 to use its whole 235x235 bed!
More information isn't always the best thing; when I started messing about with Marlin I was almost too intimidated by how much I needed to know to continue.
Agreed, I would love a BambuLabs but am leery about their closed environment.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My build thread tag left me… lol.

Just an update.

Went to a local-ish swap meet last Saturday. Most of the stuff was for freshwater setups, but there was one hobbyist with some salty goods. Of the most notable I was able to score brand new filters for the RODI unit I use as well as two bags of the color change resin.

Sunday I went ahead and switched everything out. Cleaned the trash can that holds the water to ensure nothing was left behind. Did the flush out and then filled the trash can, and the ATO with freshly made 0TDS RODI water.

And noticed last night(Tuesday) a cyano bloom :grimacing-face:

Fun times to be had again lol.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My build thread tag left me… lol.

Just an update.

Went to a local-ish swap meet last Saturday. Most of the stuff was for freshwater setups, but there was one hobbyist with some salty goods. Of the most notable I was able to score brand new filters for the RODI unit I use as well as two bags of the color change resin.

Sunday I went ahead and switched everything out. Cleaned the trash can that holds the water to ensure nothing was left behind. Did the flush out and then filled the trash can, and the ATO with freshly made 0TDS RODI water.

And noticed last night(Tuesday) a cyano bloom :grimacing-face:

Fun times to be had again lol.
Any carbon dosing?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh that's so frustrating :( I'm sorry!

Also my build thread tag left me as well, I had to redo it.
Just realized mine is gone :rolleyes: I don’t remember how to do it lol

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was awhile back but I stopped.
I have a couple tiny patches in my rocks but I heavily carbon dose and that normally causes the bloom… hmmm I’m assuming you have good flow?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back