Luck be a Lady

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to my waterbox adventure!

Many of you know I won the newest @Waterbox Aquariums contest: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-waterbox-70-2-reef-system-giveaway-ahhh-yea.635666/ I am beyond shocked that I won and even more excited to begin this adventure. This will be my new tank build thread, in which I will edit my taggy thing above for this one.

My first plans are to locate the perfect spot. I don’t want it where the 60 was; the floor is a bit weak there with no plans in the near enough future to replace and once this goes up I’d rather not move it. So this gives me the living room. I will be measuring pros and cons of both potential spots. I am thinking of painting a mural behind the spot before it arrives.

Thanks to @RichtheReefer21 for the name suggestion! Anyhow, stay tuned! I am sure I’ll have a tons of questions, and photos to share.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been cleaning up some old equipment, trying to get together and give/sell what I won’t need in the hopes of clearing space and finding the funds for a new light. I will use my old pump, which should be good for starters. It’s 800gph or just over (I forget) and is within the recommended range for the tank. Eventually I’ll upgrade to a DC but this will do for now.

I’ve been also trying to talk hubbs into fixing the floor in the office, since it would not only ease my mind when painting, but allow me to setup in there instead of the living room. I’m wanting to paint a mural behind where the tank will go, and so that’s also in the works. I am a major legend of Zelda nut so what better theme than The Wind Waker? Better yet, I may just do a lovely shot of Koholint island with the wind fish :)

Decisions decisions.

I did want to ask for some opinions on a light for the tank. I want something affordable, will grow corals of course and last. Any suggestions?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations on the beautiful tank! One option would be to get a basic light that has enough PAR rating to grow softies then upgrade the light to get what you really want for more demanding corals.

ruegaroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been also trying to talk hubbs into fixing the floor in the office, since it would not only ease my mind when painting, but allow me to setup in there instead of the living room. I’m wanting to paint a mural behind where the tank will go, and so that’s also in the works. I am a major legend of Zelda nut so what better theme than The Wind Waker? Better yet, I may just do a lovely shot of Koholint island with the wind fish :)

Decisions decisions.

I like to listen to aquatic themes from the Zelda franchise as I gaze into my tank. Zora's Domain is a peaceful favorite.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once won an expired can of corned beef hash but this is way better. Congrats. Can't wait to watch this evolve.
Hahah thanks!

I may paint the forsaken fortress... I do have Ganondorf :)
2739450D-EB08-4361-9745-7BCF3A895B96.jpeg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great you are looking into the floors and everything else.

Just a heads up, sometimes you can contact the manufracturer on giveaways and they have been known to customize the build to your specifications prior to delivery so u get exactly what u want the 1st time.

Any scape ideas yet?

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great you are looking into the floors and everything else.

Just a heads up, sometimes you can contact the manufracturer on giveaways and they have been known to customize the build to your specifications prior to delivery so u get exactly what u want the 1st time.

Any scape ideas yet?
I had no idea about that, that’s awesome! I wonder how much I’d have to send for a light? If I could find out soon I may can get something worked out on some art....

Not really yet. I have a few pieces of rock I’ll be taking from my tank now and if I can find something I like at the lfs I may add to it. I’ll snap a pic of my current setup. And ask for input :)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no idea about that, that’s awesome! I wonder how much I’d have to send for a light? If I could find out soon I may can get something worked out on some art....

Not really yet. I have a few pieces of rock I’ll be taking from my tank now and if I can find something I like at the lfs I may add to it. I’ll snap a pic of my current setup. And ask for input :)

Imho get a light slightly used and save a lot. U can typically get 3 used lights for the cost of 2 brand new. Yea there can be a risk factor with Murphy from time to time, but saving 30% on the most expensive items in your system goes a long way for other things.

Gonna enjoy this build.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here’s my current setup. Just to show what my rocks are now. Standard 29 gallon. I will be transferring these to the new setup. I really want a branchier piece but I’m not sure I could find anything like what I want at the lfs. Finding a way there to peruse is in order one day. Mayhaps when it’s my anniversary (the tenth) I can talk hubbs into a trip there. Rocks in different angles just to show what I have to start with. I really love the one on the right, in front of the barnacle. Which has to also go cause the blenny loves it

14D46C39-3EED-42D3-B8E0-A2351578C4B0.jpeg
B1C5C7F0-05A5-4998-9AEB-65875BDE8EE8.jpeg
95FAC48A-B705-4E55-A873-15F1A4F9029A.jpeg
2C7F1401-4594-4E6E-9548-713E2043B435.jpeg
976B29B2-8187-4327-A99B-D894ED7F1073.jpeg
EC959C69-FA44-4BC0-9877-9871C0C417D9.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 53.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.2%
Back