20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Ya, we do the same. The wife and I keep two boxes of Kraft Mac and Cheese in our pantry that we save in case of calamity.
I remember when mac and cheese was a meal. Peas and tuna made it gourmet. Top ramen also. Crack an egg in it with carrots and peas and it became a luxury.
 
Yea i'm literally shaking 🤣 i meant to be a bit less enthusiastic and ask "did anyone win anything?"

Xr15 and a mp40
Very nice . I love free things. Be excited. I have no idea about the lights. But the MP40 are great. I like to use the sponge type of covers. Also bought clear cord holders to stick on my tank to help keep them from falling accidentally. I use 2. Do not want them to fall.

Congratulations
 
I remember when mac and cheese was a meal. Peas and tuna made it gourmet. Top ramen also. Crack an egg in it with carrots and peas and it became a luxury.
I make homemade with cheddar cheese. If I have to eat box macaroni, I get Annie’s Shells and cheese with white cheddar.
 
Thanks man. I'm pumped!
Today I picked up 2 table tops from a great hamburger restaurant that closed. Loved that place. Not free, but $60 for both. I also am very excited.
And tomorrow I will pick up an old menu!



IMG_6763.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg
 
What's up Smorgasbordians and Somorgettes! Came home from work early to an AC not working. Jumped (ok, climbed) up on the roof to see if it was frozen - it was not. Popped open the panels and had my son turn on the circulation fan. No problems there. Turned on the AC compression and condenser fan. No problem... For about 10-15 seconds, maybe a little longer. Then, while I'm looking at the compressor I see a HUGE spark (we're talking full on flame) shoot out the side with quite a loud bang. AC trips the breaker and everything shut down. Popped open the wires on the compressor and look what I found!

4268.jpg


Two of the three wires had worn through the insulation and were making contact with each other. Took a bit to get the right connectors but we're back in business and there's plenty of sweat in my eyes.
Glad you found the problem before anyone was hurt. And fixed it. Great job!
 
I make homemade with cheddar cheese. If I have to eat box macaroni, I get Annie’s Shells and cheese with white cheddar.
This was back when we were poor. I mean really poor. Rocky walked to base and hoped someone would pick him up. Even with his rucksack on sometimes.
 
It might have worked better than a little lethal injection though. If you've been watching the news
I have. Not much sympathy in me for her. But let's get it right!
I don't think this one needs much introduction, but Orson Welles was such an amazing actor that this radio broadcast convinced much of the nation that we were being invade by aliens.
Nothing is more after dark than this.


I remember hearing this when I was a kid. Can you imagine?
 
This was back when we were poor. I mean really poor. Rocky walked to base and hoped someone would pick him up. Even with his rucksack on sometimes.
I still like to buy the top ramen or Maruchan and add extra seasoning at least. Some soy sauce and ginger at least. And a little sesame oil. It’s a filling cheap meal. I try to at least have a six pack at hand so I can just grab a couple for work sometimes.
 
I have. Not much sympathy in me for her. But let's get it right!

I remember hearing this when I was a kid. Can you imagine?
I’ve never heard it in its entirety. I’ve seen the 1950s movie and the Tom Cruise one and I liked both.
 
I still like to buy the top ramen or Maruchan and add extra seasoning at least. Some soy sauce and ginger at least. And a little sesame oil. It’s a filling cheap meal. I try to at least have a six pack at hand so I can just grab a couple for work sometimes.
I like the shrimp one. Dress it up a little and it's a nice hot meal.
 
I’ve never heard it in its entirety. I’ve seen the 1950s movie and the Tom Cruise one and I liked both.
War of the worlds was great. But I like sci fi and fantasy movies. Just bought the game The Last of us. I like the series so decided to give it a go. Winter fun
 
War of the worlds was great. But I like sci fi and fantasy movies. Just bought the game The Last of us. I like the series so decided to give it a go. Winter fun
I haven’t the last of us yet. A couple series I have liked on Apple TV+ have been For All Mankind, an alt history show where the Russians made to the moon first. Runs 5 seasons with each season taking place in a sequential set of decades. The other is Silo, a post apocalyptic show about people king in an underground facility and slowly learning the truth of the world and their place in it. Has one more season for next summer and is based off of a trio of books that I think I’ll try to read. And yah, I’m a big science fiction fan, with a good smattering of fantasy.
 
I remember when mac and cheese was a meal. Peas and tuna made it gourmet. Top ramen also. Crack an egg in it with carrots and peas and it became a luxury.
Oh the simple days! That brought back memories for sure
 
I haven’t the last of us yet. A couple series I have liked on Apple TV+ have been For All Mankind, an alt history show where the Russians made to the moon first. Runs 5 seasons with each season taking place in a sequential set of decades. The other is Silo, a post apocalyptic show about people king in an underground facility and slowly learning the truth of the world and their place in it. Has one more season for next summer and is based off of a trio of books that I think I’ll try to read. And yah, I’m a big science fiction fan, with a good smattering of fantasy.
I’ll have to check out Silo, sounds like my type of show
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new