20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
The better news is that I was standing far enough away it didn't touch me. But man was it loud and scared me a little. But the fact that I saw it is what made it easier to troubleshoot what was wrong where.
Did you leave a racing stripe in your tidy whities?
Asking for a friend.
 
Unbelievable Rock, I just cant get over the health of all your corals. Is #3 a grandmaster?
#3 is a friend of mine’s personal collection. I think is called BLA Sunset. BLA is Black Label Aquatics.
I’ve known Ty (owner) for many years
I do have a TCK Amazeballz and Fireballz in the collection.
 
Hello Frank, thanks for inquiring. Unfortunately I didn’t get good news today but I did finally get a plan , I don’t like it but at least I have a plan. It seems my kidneys have reached 21% functioning. She is going to refer me to a vascular surgeon to get vein mapping for a fistula and up to University Hospital to transplant nephrologist. Here we go again. I’m more worried about my wife, she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. It will work out, I had it much worse before.
Brother, if you need any help I’m three hours away!
 
Unbelievable Rock, I just cant get over the health of all your corals. Is #3 a grandmaster?
I appreciate the kind words. My system is probably one of the most basic systems you will find.
No controller, no fancy equipment….just a skimmer. Light and flow are the most crucial hence I have Meridians (soon upgrading to Quanta Altair or back to Halides) and Orcas for random, chaotic flow. I don’t even use filter socks!
 
Thanks Rock, will you be my nurse? My daughter and wife are mean?
Tell me when and where my friend! 17 years as an ICU Nurse and Flight Nurse… I got this
 
I appreciate the kind words. My system is probably one of the most basic systems you will find.
No controller, no fancy equipment….just a skimmer. Light and flow are the most crucial hence I have Meridians (soon upgrading to Quanta Altair or back to Halides) and Orcas for random, chaotic flow. I don’t even use filter socks!
I am extremely interested in the new quanta panel lights! I was holding off on a light until they came out and I could see them, and learn more about them
 
So…. I don’t just have zoas and gonis…

Some acros and a nice side profile shot

Lights are almost out…sorry for the dark pics

IMG_2146.jpeg
IMG_2145.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new