20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Happy National Fried scallops day! Fun fact, the meat on the cheeks of a walleye are called freshwater scallops. You don’t fillet a walleye without harvesting the scallops, the best part.
I didn't know that. I eat walleye but never the cheeks.
 
Smith is awesome . He’ll go anywhere he wants to as far as pro . He still has the rest of the season . I think Missouri haven’t won in the last 9 outings . That can be right but hey Florida should have had this game . It probably didn’t make John happy .
If you're a top team, the other teams work harder to knock you off. It's a bummer Florida couldn't take it and run with it.
 
I have 1 mp40, now i'll have 2, as well as the 2 orcas for my 200. I think flow is going to be dialed. Lighting is a bit of a hodge podge as I currently have like 3 or 4 manufacturers. Only one or 2 high end lights, then some Chinese chinesium lights. Like Nicrews and viparspectra. I have considered... a little satellite tank plumbed into my main display for a clam and some acros as my copperband will be going to the 200 and I know he'll eat my clam if I get one. Figure the radion would be perfect for that. Plus I could have frags in both tanks and compare coloration effects based on light spectrum with identical water chemistry
Wow you have given this a lot of thought. Yep CBB eat clams.
 
Thats sweet! I love that kind of stuff. My cousin scored a really nice pair of Triumph, and Honda powers ports signs awhile back and has them mounted in his garage. They're freakin sweet!
I bet that is really neat.
 
Well I tried this but the housing won't go back on
The magnets are pretty strong. You may need to play around a little to get the shaft seated when trying to put the housing back on.
 
Well I tried this but the housing won't go back on
The magnets are pretty strong. You may need to play around a little to get the shaft seated when trying to put the housing back on.
Got it working. Rearranging the tubing and cord now, skimmer should be running soon
 
Great ideas. We like the same kind of shows. I like to read also
If you like alternate history, Harry Turtledove wrote a series of what if books that started with the premise of the South successfully seceding amd starts with a single book How Few Remain and the goes on to cover all the way thru WWII with another 9books, following the same people in the first amd then going from there .Detailed and realistic. He did another series but with a science fiction bent that’s al history but with the idea that aliens come to invade but are shocked when they thought they’d be dealing with medieval period mankind. They came from a fr place and that’s what they saw in their long range telescopes, not realizing how fast our tech evolved. It’s a pretty good read as well.
 
I’ve seen the series. It’s also based of of a book and just like Silo took a few liberties with the plot it does also. I like how the history that we see with the ***** is ours. There’s a book that came out in the 80s/early 90s? called Alternities that takes place in Boston at first and trhe Russians have all but won the war. They discover portals to other realities and part of the plot concerns investigating them, focusing on main character mostly. Pretty good read. Even better is a book by Hames P Hogan called The Proteus Operation where a group of covert operatives go back to WWII era to fix the timeline that they found out was tampered with to let the Axis win the war with only the US and Australia still fighting.
Sounds good. I will have to try them
 
We do that with a lot of fish down here too Kevin. Grouper are the most common. The throat bone, or "collar" as the culinary snoots would call it, is excellent as well.
That would take a lot to make a meal.
 
Hello Frank, thanks for inquiring. Unfortunately I didn’t get good news today but I did finally get a plan , I don’t like it but at least I have a plan. It seems my kidneys have reached 21% functioning. She is going to refer me to a vascular surgeon to get vein mapping for a fistula and up to University Hospital to transplant nephrologist. Here we go again. I’m more worried about my wife, she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. It will work out, I had it much worse before.
thinking of you and your family. Hugs
 
Can I get a Kev update ?
Hi y'all... 🙂
Tom Hanks Hello GIF
...😉
Hello Frank, thanks for inquiring. Unfortunately I didn’t get good news today but I did finally get a plan , I don’t like it but at least I have a plan. It seems my kidneys have reached 21% functioning. She is going to refer me to a vascular surgeon to get vein mapping for a fistula and up to University Hospital to transplant nephrologist. Here we go again. I’m more worried about my wife, she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. It will work out, I had it much worse before.
Woah woah when did this happen. I'm so sorry man.
 
@kingranch2003 hete is a photo from 2 years ago. No snow really last year.
Gorgeous! Thanks for the video!

I thoroughly enjoyed our snow event! It was a once in a lifetime experience here. One of the coolest things I've ever seen was snow pouring into the Gulf.

The creek behind our house.
Screenshot_20261004_000306_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20261004_000313_Gallery.jpg

These beach bums aren't sure what to do with snow.
Screenshot_20261004_000323_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20261004_000434_Gallery.jpg

Is that a snow....shark?
Screenshot_20261004_000458_Gallery.jpg
 
The better news is that I was standing far enough away it didn't touch me. But man was it loud and scared me a little. But the fact that I saw it is what made it easier to troubleshoot what was wrong where.
Nd things like this. And especially after Miamireefer I made some changes to my cord management and other bad practices I had. Glad you are ok
 
Something on the mountain

Yum for sure

We had to but the game console also. Will let you know what we think
Yeah I was actually meaning to ask you to do that 😆
 
Gorgeous! Thanks for the video!

I thoroughly enjoyed our snow event! It was a once in a lifetime experience here. One of the coolest things I've ever seen was snow pouring into the Gulf.

The creek behind our house.
Screenshot_20261004_000306_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20261004_000313_Gallery.jpg

These beach bums aren't sure what to do with snow.
Screenshot_20261004_000323_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20261004_000434_Gallery.jpg

Is that a snow....shark?
Screenshot_20261004_000458_Gallery.jpg
This is exactly why I love seasons. And hot tea
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new