20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Well I have a wonderful surprise coming tomorrow. Rock is sending me some frags of his amazing corals! He saw everything I lost and decided to help me fill it back up. What a friend, I love this guy!
The package arrives tomorrow, and I'll have some awesome pics for you guys. :)

Thank you @Rocks reef
Morning John !
 
Happy birthday Shelley! I married a libra just like Rocky did! I wouldn't trade her for 10 Aquarius' ! I'm glad to hear you had a great birthday.
11 aquariums ??? lol!! 😆
 
That's my wheelhouse for sure. Im love historical science that still applies today. I think that's why I love older music so much.
Historical science and older music Hmmm ! 🤔
 
Looking for someone crazy enough to add ammonia to their tank with me!
Tim’s been doing this for a while now . Ask him if there’s any questions and please share info .
 
Glad to hear you had a nice birthday and treated yourself.
Sad to hear of the ear issues your cat is experiencing. I do hope it figures out fast.
Hello Chris !
 
Kevin is yours doing ok with food? I dont see any algae in your tank either. Im starting to worry aboit mine starving.
My son supplements with nori and algae wafers. How’s your wife’s tank looking ? Does it need to spend some time in there.
 
Last edited:
Today was a great day for me also. Went to lunch with my favorite guy. Then took kitty in to the vet. She has to go back. Then I threw caution to the wind and had cake. 🎂 Went to clean the clinics tank. They forgot to fill the container with RODI water. So no water change. But Pumba is loving his new tank. And lots of the gals came up and said they love the new "tang". WHAT, it's a Butterfly. I need signs. Where can I get great photos and put info on them. And finally, it's my birthday 🎁. I got a great hardback book, signed, about fish parasites and infections and loads of info.
Happy Happy Birthday Shelley! Does your husband know about the lunch thing with your favorite guy?
Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by ConEquip Parts
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new