20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Hi everyone. Hit the bed early. Woke a little while ago, and now that I’ve caught up, ready to try to sleep again.
I’ll add a bit to my story and just say sometimes life is serendipitous and makes clear what is meant to be apparently. Back in summer of 1987 I went on vacation with my folks to Vermont. Since I only had a week off my plan was to ride back on my bike to home in Brighton at the time. So I got dropped off in Brattleboro in the morning and headed home. I went thru Lexington on my way home and unbeknownst to me I had gotten within a stones throw of where my future wife was living as I found out the next year. How I actually met her- she was working agency work and was hired to cover the vacation of one of my coworkers. The icebreaker was she found out I was a crazy cyclist and asked what bike she should get . After that we just clicked and when I went to her place for the first time found out how close I had been on my ride home the previous year.
Good morning Steve, great story!
IMG_3186.jpeg
Steve GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures
 
Okay.

We met a little while after I moved to Massachusetts to teach computers in the late 70s. I saw her in a hallway and it was all over. I was offered a job overseas and took it. We reconnected in the early 90s and have been together since.

Here we are in 93 or maybe 94:
T_D-90s.jpg


and here we are a few years ago at OdySea (a local aquarium).

image_204223162.jpg
 
Okay.

We met a little while after I moved to Massachusetts to teach computers in the late 70s. I saw her in a hallway and it was all over. I was offered a job overseas and took it. We reconnected in the early 90s and have been together since.

Here we are in 93 or maybe 94:
T_D-90s.jpg


and here we are a few years ago at OdySea (a local aquarium).

image_204223162.jpg
Another amazing story! Thank you Tom.
So…teaching computers. Hmmm… you are now known as Brainiac!
Kidding my friend. You are blessed as well.
Oh… Porsche 944?? She’s a beauty!
 
Another amazing story! Thank you Tom.
So…teaching computers. Hmmm… you are now known as Brainiac!
Kidding my friend. You are blessed as well.
Oh… Porsche 944?? She’s a beauty!
I actually think that picture of us was in 1992

1983 911 SC Cabriolet. The first year they made a 911 Cabriolet.

Here was Dianne's car at the time, a 1991 Nissan 300 ZX Twin Turbo:

91300ZXTT.jpg


Wish we still had both of those cars.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new