OP
OP
08TRDOFFROAD

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the orphek lense kit off Amazon to up my photo game and they came today! I must say I am impressed!

Kit
20240411_172419.jpg

Without filter
20240411_172708.jpg

With orange and yellow filter
20240411_172743.jpg

OP
OP
08TRDOFFROAD

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it normal for Duncan's to retract at night? It hasn't done this for the first 10 days or so after I added it. It would stay nice and inflated even with the light off and and the lunar cycle running. I noticed it retracted last night too...has me a bit paranoid...

20240416_220452.jpg

OP
OP
08TRDOFFROAD

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it normal for Duncan's to retract at night? It hasn't done this for the first 10 days or so after I added it. It would stay nice and inflated even with the light off and and the lunar cycle running. I noticed it retracted last night too...has me a bit paranoid...

20240416_220452.jpg
Weird...it is already back open...
20240416_223100.jpg

Mas0n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20240416_220452.jpg
Mine does this sometimes! It usually stays about half open at night, then perks up quickly in the morning!

Diatoms on the sand looking good!!!

OP
OP
08TRDOFFROAD

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does this sometimes! It usually stays about half open at night, then perks up quickly in the morning!

Diatoms on the sand looking good!!!
It has started closing up once in a while randomly through out the light cycle, but quickly reopens. I have my kessil running the lunar cycle at night, you wouldn't believe how puffy it stays most of the time! Can't wait to get some more corals! I saw a really nice toadstool frag at my LFS. Hmm and ha'ed about it for a few days and when I went back to get it. It was sold...oh well. I would really love to get a frag of a long polyp variety! And start building my zoa and acan gardens!

I have decided I really hate my current sand. Even with my return pump turned way down I am still getting duning and bare spots. As soon as the Caribsea goes on sale again. I will be buying 40 lbs to replace it with special grade. Kicking myself for not just going with it from the start.

So if you see it go on sale, definitely hit me up!

Mas0n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has started closing up once in a while randomly through out the light cycle, but quickly reopens. I have my kessil running the lunar cycle at night, you wouldn't believe how puffy it stays most of the time! Can't wait to get some more corals! I saw a really nice toadstool frag at my LFS. Hmm and ha'ed about it for a few days and when I went back to get it. It was sold...oh well. I would really love to get a frag of a long polyp variety! And start building my zoa and acan gardens!

I have decided I really hate my current sand. Even with my return pump turned way down I am still getting duning and bare spots. As soon as the Caribsea goes on sale again. I will be buying 40 lbs to replace it with special grade. Kicking myself for not just going with it from the start.

So if you see it go on sale, definitely hit me up!
Nice! Been looking for a long polyp leather as well, such cool corals.

I bet… it does look like pretty fine sand. I love the look but it’s hard to manage.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back