1/2" return to match overflow? 60g breeder

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im building a peninsula 60 gallon breeder. I see that most overflows for that size are a round 800gph which will be fine.
I like the look and price of the Modular marine but it is 1/2" lines. will that be sufficient and can i match the return line as 1/2"?
I was thinking i could buy the 1200gph which has 3/4" lines.
i also was eyeballing the shadow overflow 3.0 which would span almost the whole width and has larger lines.

sump will be 40g breeder so plenty of room

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like the choice of a 40breeder with a 60breeder display. Its a great size and there is plenty of potential for reuse if you decide to go a different direction (aka bigger :) ).

Based on my experience and opinion, I would go with the 1200gph overflow. While it may be oversized you will likely appreciate the buffer of extra capacity. Good luck with whatever you choose!

OP
OP
Bakedpwn

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the choice of a 40breeder with a 60breeder display. Its a great size and there is plenty of potential for reuse if you decide to go a different direction (aka bigger :) ).

Based on my experience and opinion, I would go with the 1200gph overflow. While it may be oversized you will likely appreciate the buffer of extra capacity. Good luck with whatever you choose!
Yep. Im gonna get the 1200 for ten dollars more. Just better assurances. Im stoked for this tank!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back