10 gal AIO

bearwithfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am building a AIO out of a standard 10 gal and will post pix soon but i had a few questions to ask that may seem a bit noob ish at first glance.

i am considering a two bulb CFL 50/50 set up for the lights.. would this be ok for some Zoa's and maybe a few inverts (not have a big stock list at this time but i am thinking frags from my 50 will do nice in here over time)

i was wondering if its cool to cut LR with a dremel tool so i can get a flat surface for gluing on the back wall...

and last as i am going with out a skimmer and relying strictly on water changes should i do them 2x weekly or 1x with top off as needed? i have an idea on all of this just looking for input as this is the first small tank...

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bear,

Let me see if I can help with some of your questions:
1. Not sure on the lighting question, can you provide more specs on the lighting.
2. Yes, you can cut live rock with a dremel tool and it won't have any effect on the rock. Just make sure you use a good bit like the diamond coated wheels.
3. In terms of the water change, I think it depends on your fish and coral load. If you don't plan on having any fish (you didn't mention any) I would think that once a week would be enough, especially for a zoa tank.

OP
OP
bearwithfish

bearwithfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you.... as for the light i was thinking of getting one of those DIY kits for making lights that have two sockets (for regular bulbs) and getting the 50/50 bulbs to put in them (just an idea at this moment i may be able to harvest a small t8 fixture some where) as for live stock i am kind of leaning towards a few snails a couple crabs and some zoas and may bee some GSP as i have two fraggs that are doing very well and growing now.... other potential live stock may be a damsel from the main tank if i want to add a fish at all...

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 41 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back