10 gallon compatibility and stocking

Dante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this community but for some background, I purchased my first saltwater tank, a 5 gallon already established with one clownfish in it.

Since then I've added a sand substrate a porcelain crab and a couple corals, but as the title says I'm looking for 10 gallon tank compatibility and I've purchased the tank already.

I want to get a shrimp and goby pair to go into the 10 gallon with my clown and crab when I move them over, will that work? And what kind of goby/shrimp? I was thinking yellow watchman and candy stripe? I dont think the clown would bother them but I am also pretty fond of my porcelain crab.

Thanks!

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your plan sounds good. I would worry too much about the porcelain crab and the goby/shrimp pair. If they do bother each other you can always get rid of the crab
Minimum tank size for a clown is a 20

Last edited:

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a suggestion, add the goby and shrimp first to let them get established. Clownfish can be pretty territorial once they get well established.

OP
OP
D

Dante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a suggestion, add the goby and shrimp first to let them get established. Clownfish can be pretty territorial once they get well established.
Thanks for the tip about letting the goby and shrimp get established first and if I add the clown after I think it'll be fine. "Nemo" has been in the 5 gallon for quite a while so after the change and with the extra room I think he wont bother anyone

OP
OP
D

Dante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your plan sounds good. I would worry too much about the porcelain crab and the goby/shrimp pair. If they do bother each other you can always get rid of the crab
Minimum tank size for a clown is a 20
I assume you meant "wouldn't worry" and I got the clown and 5 gallon together so hopefully he'll be even more happy in the 10

Back